Not so wonderful world of FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Congrats! How do you like the Visionsat so far?

So far, I like it quite a bit. I'll really get to play with the features once I get the motor up and running. FED EX has the motor now so I should be installing it on Friday. I've all ready recorded some programming, moved it to my MAC, converted it to a .vid file and, success, I've got the beginning of my FTA archived programs.

Sounds great! I'm looking at a PVR receiver for my next receiver purchase, just not sure of which to go with. Currently, the candidates are the Visionsat IV-200, Coolsat 7k, Conaxsat Duo or Trio, and possibly the Pansat 9200 (if they get the PVR function working)...

Up And Running - All Looks Well

Update: VISIONSAT IV 200 PVR

I've got the motor running/working and can scan most all the FTA channels listed. I think I will tweak the setting on 123w Galayx 10r or 87w AMC3 as they seem to have the most useful programming. I believe that with a slight change in my elevation I will be pulling in everything quite nicely. I do wish there was more EPG guide info but only select channels have listings - as I know most of you are aware of anyway.

The PVR function is working very well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)