Note from Dish Network to Retailers (Re Viacom)

MacKenzieIII said:
I have been to that site, and it told me I was elliagable for my "LA" locals. But the point is that I am well out side of the actual range of the main KCBS transmiting tower. But there is a localy owned repeater.

I understand from the chat that some places are protected by law that they must allow rebroadcast. And I was trying to understand what made you fall into such an area.

If you can pick up ANY Grade B or higher signal from a network, you are not eligible to get the distant signal from somewhere else. It doesn't matter if it is the primary tower or a translator/booster tower.

You can go here (I know it's for D*, but it will tell you what kind of signal they say you can get): http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressEntry.asp

LarryG said:
Same here, GO Charlie GO
Yup. Personally, I couldn't care less if the Viacom channels never came back. I get NY's CBS OTA and the rest aren't even on any favorites list that I have. Glad I don't have any rugrats running around my house. :)

Get this. If you call the Directv customer number there is an automated message talking about this. At the end it goes something like this: "If you are a disgruntled DISH network subscriber, please not that this will never happen once you have Directv"

I just saw CNN Headline News post news about Echostar/Viacom channel dispute. I just caught the end of the story and it was saying something about switching service providers as if one was telling them to do so.

wileadams said:
My question is what about those UPN stations that are owned by CBS/Viacom. Why are they not affected? Or are they? I have not had a chance to check to see if my local UPN is affected.
the 921 is on qc hold for a little while.lots of software issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts