Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following email has been sent to all retailers regarding the Dishplayer 921 receiver.

Important Update
Dish Player - DVR 921

The DISH Player - DVR 921 satellite TV receiver is a groundbreaking digital video recording product with the ability to record both standard and high definition programming. DISH Network leads the pay TV industry with ten nationwide HDTV channels: CBS-HD, HD Net, HD Net Movies, ESPN HD, TNT HD, Discovery HD Theater, HBO-HD, SHOWTIME-HD, DISH-On-Demand pay-per-view HD movies, HD Special Events and a 24-hour HDTV demonstration channel.

Using a massive 250 gigabyte hard disk drive, DISH Player - DVR 921 is capable of recording up to 25 hours of high-definition programming, up to 180 hours of standard definition programming, or any combination of the two. Users can also record off-air digital broadcasts onto the hard drive. Other advanced capabilities include the ability to record two programs at the same time while watching a third pre-recorded program, and picture-in-picture capabilities on any TV.

DISH Player - DVR 921 embodies three of the most exciting emerging technologies available today into a single, easy-to-use product.

1.) DISH Network satellite TV – An enormous selection of hundreds of all digital satellite TV entertainment, family, news, sports, foreign-language and local TV programming.

2.) High Definition Television – Capable of seamlessly delivering DISH Network standard and high definition television programming in addition to programming from off-air analog and digital broadcasts.

3.) Digital Video Recording (DVR) – Easily record your favorite programs, pause live TV for up to two hours, create your own 10-second instant replays, skip ahead 30 seconds through recorded programs, and more. It’s TV how you want it, when you want it.

Like all DISH Network satellite TV products, the DISH Player - DVR 921 is software upgradeable via satellite which provides consumers new capabilities instantly as they become available.

DISH Player - DVR 921 offers features such as two satellite TV tuners for recording up to two programs at once while viewing a pre-recorded program, digital video recording, an up-to-nine day on-screen program guide. Additional features include Caller ID and a 4-component universal UHF Pro/IR remote control for use between walls or cabinets, Standard functions include parental control technology and an optical Dolby Digital output. Outputs include DVI-I and Component (Y Pr Pb) video connections for high-definition televisions.

Demand for the DISH Player – DVR 921 has been much higher than our original forecast. While we have continued to increase our production, the demand has continued to exceed supply. June production is expected to exceed prior months by a significant amount. Please continue to contact your Distributor or Echosphere sales office as more units will be available soon.

Thank you for your patience while we work to meet the market demand for this exciting new product.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ive been trying to figure that out as well. :D

Scott more than anything it sounds like an official apology for not having kept up with the demand of the 921 and to reassure people that they are making them as fast as they can but I don't see any big news just like you.

Bob

Maybe they are just getting ready... Less than 60 days until AMC-15 working... Perhaps the return of HDTV to 105? Maybe huge demand generated for 921? Maybe they are just letting their dealers know they are working on the 921 as fast as possible...

rad said:
Maybe the important announcement is that they are actually making them?

Geesh, I hope so.

I have to turn away at least 2-3 customers a week who want this.

If I could just get a few in stock, I could auction them off to the highest bidder. :D