Nothing but problems since update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VocalFiremedic

Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I am having nothing but problems with my HR21-700 since the last update. I have tried to record multiple programs that show up in the list but once they are played the go straight to delete/don't delete. I am also having major problems with freezing. I have never had these problems before and they all started with the December update. Does anyone have any suggestions that I might try? I have already reset the box multiple times via the setup menu and with the reset button. I am getting extremely frustrated as I don't really watch that much TV, but when I want to my shows are all screwed up.

The only problem with a replacement is that I need to be able to use an off air antenna for CBS in HD because they don't carry that in my area yet. I am not sure I can get another HR21 and my understanding is that the 22 can't use a off air antenna.

The only problem with a replacement is that I need to be able to use an off air antenna for CBS in HD because they don't carry that in my area yet. I am not sure I can get another HR21 and my understanding is that the 22 can't use a off air antenna.

The HR22 has no problems working with the AM21 external OTA unit.

This is true, but your HR21 can't tune OTA internally either. You must really have the HR20. Ask for the add-on tuner (AM21) when they send a replacement.

Thanks for your help. You are right I do have the HR20-700. It is the HR21 that has OTA issues. That is why I don't want to get stuck in that situation. I can't stand not watching my locals in HD. CBS and ABC have yet to reach an agreement with D so I can't get them on the satelite without OTA. I did a hard reset yesturday, but I think I may still request a new DVR and see what happens. Thanks again for your help.

I called D* the CSR said that they are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it ASAP. No other offers. Missed American Idol on Tuesday and my family was furious. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts