Notre Dame and Arizona State to play at Cowboys Stadium in 2013

Madison Hawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Notre Dame and Arizona State will square off on Oct. 5, 2013, at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium in Arlington, Texas.
The Irish and Sun Devils will be meeting for the first time since 1999. Notre Dame defeated Arizona State in Sun Devil Stadium in '98 (28-9) and again in Notre Dame Stadium in '99 (a 48-17 Irish victory). . . Around the Bend | ChicagoSports | Blog

The same reason the Domers do other things: money and exposure. As background, Kevin White, Notre Dame's Athletic Director wants to schedule easier teams, which would create more home games (7-8 each year due to non BCS teams being more willing to accept a 2-1 deal rather than a home and home arrangement) and provide ND with a better opportunity to become BCS (or bowl) eligible. That is why ND will soon stop playing Michigan every year so they have schedule another home game which is a likely win rather than make the trek to Ann Arbor and a possible loss.

As part of this strategy, in certain years where they already have 7 home games, Notre Dame will have an 8th "home" game at a neutral site that is situated in a fertile recruiting area. For example, in addition to the 2013 game vs. ASU in Texas, I believe Notre Dame schedule a game in 2010 in Orlando against an oppontent TBD.

ND will stop playing Michigan??? Source? I believe that they have Michigan scheduled through 2016.

No they signed a new contract last fall that extended the yearly rivalry for the next 20 years. I cant source that but i remember reading about it when it happened.

ND needs to just join the Big 10 it's the best thing for them.

Notre Dame has been asked about joining the Big 10 for about 20 years now and have rejected each oppertunity.
When ND decides that they want to join, I hope the Big 10 turns them down.

Remember, ND is too good for the Big Ten, same thing that Penn State thought before joining , Penn State hasn't been the same since, or as good.

Jimbo

Let's see now ...
Arizona State is real close to Texas.
ND (Indiana)
Game being played in Dallas Texas.....

ND's the Home Team....

Go Figure

It's no wonder people can't figure out simple Geography.

According to the NFL Dallas is in the NorthEast .....;

Jimbo

Hi, guys. I guess most of the people here know me from the other site.

Anyway. Notre Dame's future schedules are available through 2016 on line. Its the usual suspects (Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, SoCal, Navy, Boston C). They have a no return game with San Diego Satte this fall and with Nevada on for 09, and the rest of the schedules still have 2-4 open slots.

09 has a game with Washington State in San Antonio, and 12 has a game with Baylor in New Orleans. Navy is moving its home games this year and in 10 to Baltimore and in 12 to Dublin, Ireland.

As to playing in Texas, the new Cowboys stadium will hold 80K when set up for the NFL, and can be set up for 100K for college games.

And, with all respect, its 1044 miles from Arlington, TX to Tempe, AZ. Its 1049 miles to South Bend, IN, according the Mapquest.

Actual Air miles (point to point) as most will not drive.

ASU to Arlington, TX = 863m

ND to Arlington, TX = 859m

Distances to and from actual depart/arrival airports used may vary.

Hi, guys. I guess most of the people here know me from the other site.

Anyway. Notre Dame's future schedules are available through 2016 on line. Its the usual suspects (Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, SoCal, Navy, Boston C). They have a no return game with San Diego Satte this fall and with Nevada on for 09, and the rest of the schedules still have 2-4 open slots.

09 has a game with Washington State in San Antonio, and 12 has a game with Baylor in New Orleans. Navy is moving its home games this year and in 10 to Baltimore and in 12 to Dublin, Ireland.

As to playing in Texas, the new Cowboys stadium will hold 80K when set up for the NFL, and can be set up for 100K for college games.

And, with all respect, its 1044 miles from Arlington, TX to Tempe, AZ. Its 1049 miles to South Bend, IN, according the Mapquest.

Actual Air miles (point to point) as most will not drive.

ASU to Arlington, TX = 863m

ND to Arlington, TX = 859m

Distances to and from actual depart/arrival airports used may vary.

Really ????

I would have never guessed that ...

Jimbo

Chicago Bulls Shake up Broadcast Teams

More likely to come back from a 2-0 deficit: Magic or Spurs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts