Now with Ceil 2 can I just have 1 dish?

kenskibum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Lopez Island WA
I live in the Northwest, and because of the poor signal strength from 129 they originally gave me two dishes. A dish 500 for 110 and 119 and a larger one just for 129. Now that the new more powerful 129 sat is in place, do you think a dish 1000.2 would work for all 3. Because of line of sight issues, my "dish farm" is rather prominent in my front yard. I would be willing to pay for just having one dish.

I contacted Dish technical support via email and chat, and they really don't have an answer. Any people in the Seattle area or any installers know if new installs are getting just one dish now? Thanks -Ken

yes

I live in the Northwest, and because of the poor signal strength from 129 they originally gave me two dishes. A dish 500 for 110 and 119 and a larger one just for 129. Now that the new more powerful 129 sat is in place, do you think a dish 1000.2 would work for all 3. Because of line of sight issues, my "dish farm" is rather prominent in my front yard. I would be willing to pay for just having one dish.

I contacted Dish technical support via email and chat, and they really don't have an answer. Any people in the Seattle area or any installers know if new installs are getting just one dish now? Thanks -Ken

It sounds like you should be able to do it. Contact a local sat dealer to find out.

Line of sight

It might have been a line of sight issue. Do you have any trees blocking the dish? If not, you should be able to do it with one dish.

I live in Monroe which isn't too far north of Seattle. I had Dish Network installed this past Monday. One dish for 110 and 119, and one dish for 129. I asked the installer about getting just one dish for all three birds and he said no, not at this time. He wasn't sure that there were any dishes available that would cover all 3.

I live in Monroe which isn't too far north of Seattle. I had Dish Network installed this past Monday. One dish for 110 and 119, and one dish for 129. I asked the installer about getting just one dish for all three birds and he said no, not at this time. He wasn't sure that there were any dishes available that would cover all 3.

Apparently he never heard of a Dish 1000 or a Dish 1000.2. Both were designed to receive 110, 119 & 129 on one dish. The 1000.2 gives better reception than the 1000, or it did for me at least.

Apparently he never heard of a Dish 1000 or a Dish 1000.2. Both were designed to receive 110, 119 & 129 on one dish. The 1000.2 gives better reception than the 1000, or it did for me at least.

I'm pretty sure that since the days of the original Dish 1000 (circa 2006), it wouldn't work in the NW, so the installers used the larger 30" dish for 129. It wouldn't surprise me of a NW installer not having heard about something they couldn't use.

That being said, I think the 1000.2 would work fine up there. It may take a bit of time for the existing supplies to be consumed and new 1000.2 dishes be issued.

Miner

Once Ciel 2 went live, I removed my second dish for 129. I'm using a D1000.2 and getting signals of 55-60s for the conus transponders. I'm in the Bay Area though and I know you had a lot more problems than us with 129.

With the second dish, I was getting upper 30s to 40s on most transponders with some 50s.

Up until a few days ago, we used a wing dish for the 129 because of the crappy signal strength on a multi-sat. Now that Ciel 2 is up... Dish has changed the business rules, and we are now installing the 1000.2 :) And yeah, I install in the Seattle market. I just did a 1000.2 yesterday in Olympia and it worked fine.

I am in the Inland Northwest and with the new strong signals I could go back to catching 129 on the 1000 dish EXCEPT I have a tree issue ( I am out in the forest). When the wind blows, there is a tree swaying into the signal path from 129 to the 1000 dish. So, I'll just stick with the second dish...

Once Ciel 2 went live, I removed my second dish for 129. I'm using a D1000.2 and getting signals of 55-60s for the conus transponders. I'm in the Bay Area though and I know you had a lot more problems than us with 129.
I've been planning on doing this too and wonder how you did it. Did you just buy the 1000.2 dish and use your existing LNBs or did you buy the complete assembly with new LNBs.

I'd like to reuse my existing LNBs if possible to save some money and reduce the excess 'junk' laying around in my garage.

Currently mounted on a Dish500 is a DishPro Twin LNB for 110 and 119, another DishPro LNB on a Dish500 for 148 (not used anymore) and another DishPro LNB for 129.

I can pick up a 1000.2 dish for $39 without the LNBs or the complete 1000.2 dish with LNBs for $89. Not sure if the fittings on the basic dish will accept the current LNBs that I have though.

I've been planning on doing this too and wonder how you did it. Did you just buy the 1000.2 dish and use your existing LNBs or did you buy the complete assembly with new LNBs.

I'd like to reuse my existing LNBs if possible to save some money and reduce the excess 'junk' laying around in my garage.

Currently mounted on a Dish500 is a DishPro Twin LNB for 110 and 119, another DishPro LNB on a Dish500 for 148 (not used anymore) and another DishPro LNB for 129.

I can pick up a 1000.2 dish for $39 without the LNBs or the complete 1000.2 dish with LNBs for $89. Not sure if the fittings on the basic dish will accept the current LNBs that I have though.

Buy the kit with the LNBs. You need a triple set-up with the 1000.2 that your old LNBs won't work with. The 1000.2 has a 3 LNB part - all 3 LNBs molded together.

Attachments

• 1000.2 LNB.JPG
    1000.2 LNB.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 163
Thanks for all the responses. I asume the Dish folks would charge for a service call plus the cost of the new dish, so I'll plan to do it myself. I've already reaimed both dishes twice in the past year, so it shouldn't be too difficult. -Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)