Np FX or Speed HD

How do you do an automated HIT?
I had to call twice before reaching a Tech who knew how to do a HIT. Widescreen F1 today!

Online Tech Support Chat fixed it F-A-S-T

After over 24-hours and a couple of reboots I asked for an "Authorization re-hit" via Tech Support Online Chat and the new HD channels lit up in less than five minutes after I connected to chat.

For me it was much faster than any phone call I've ever made to Dish.
Here is the link:

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/techchatadvcustform.shtml

I wonder what the deal is with this? I don't remember any other HD channels causing this problem in the past... or is my memory faulty?

I wonder what the deal is with this? I don't remember any other HD channels causing this problem in the past... or is my memory faulty?
After the last round of Nat HD's a few weeks ago BET-HD was still red. Since I didn't care for that channel I just ignored it. With my receiver hit yesterday to get SPEED and FX, I got BET as well.

After over 24-hours and a couple of reboots I asked for an "Authorization re-hit" via Tech Support Online Chat and the new HD channels lit up in less than five minutes after I connected to chat.

Here is the link:

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/techchatadvcustform.shtml

Thanks for this tip, this method only took 5 minutes and they are up. I spent 15 minutes on the phone last night and accomplished nothing.

Here is the link:

Did the same - tried phone first 20 minutes getting no where and then 3 minutes on a chat. Unless there is a technical reason why it would not work, it would be nice to have a "rehit my receiver" button when you log into your account. Obviously it would have to be called something better.

No, your memory's fine. I have Platinum HD, and until now, every HD version of an existing SD channel has just come on automatically....until BET that is, and now these too. Not sure why, the other new ones- MAVTV, FTV, and LOGO all showed up fine, but these had to be "kick-started" by the online tech. :confused:

I will add my 2 cents here. For what ever reason there was I had to use the chat and get my 622 re-hit. This is the first time for any new channels.:eek:

Got it! Called tech support and the tech had me do a Check Switch (6 1 1) which apparently wipes the memory at the same time, forcing a re-download of the channel listings. At the completion of the reacquisition and reload, Speed HD was there. While we waited we had a nice open talk about 722 overheating (was a problem, new ones not so), the 922, pros and cons of external drives, and that negotiations are apparently ongoing that might bring back parts of the VOOM group!!

Just tried the check switch and it worked for me. Tried the chat and after about 10 minutes of getting the run around, I did the check switch and the HD showed up.

Just tried the check switch and it worked for me. Tried the chat and after about 10 minutes of getting the run around, I did the check switch and the HD showed up.

didn't work for me :(

i've been on the chat for at least 30 minutes and every minute or so i get the "An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by."

Wonder why some people need to call to get new channels? They have all been there automagicly for me.

The customers who pay their bill promptly with no late fees are upgraded automatically. Marginal or "late payers" have to go to the trouble of calling Dish to get the update.

The customers who pay their bill promptly with no late fees are upgraded automatically. Marginal or "late payers" have to go to the trouble of calling Dish to get the update.

:rolleyes:B.S.

Been with Dish over 11 years and NEVER been close to late--had to get a "hit" to get FX and Speed lit up............

Ed

I'm afraid you're wrong on that, Mitch. I have been with DISH since May 1999, never been late, never had any issues like this, no Speed HD or FX HD for me either. AEP and Platinum HD for 24 months and previously all new HD and sd channels showed up with no intervention. Maybe you should know what you'e talking about before you insult the majority of us here, K. Dish gets their money from me(currently $160+) in it's entirety and on time.

I will try the chat in a bit so I can see the F1 race in stretchovision at least.

Acer

Edit: Did the chat, they had Speed, FX and BET up for me in 4 minutes, KICKA$$ for Dish for a change.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)