Npp 44?

james_k_p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Slidell, LA
Dpp44?

What is this?

I'm having my 622 installed this coming Saturday. Is this some switch or extra dish I need to get HD Locals? I live in New Orleans and I'm glad Dish is going to have the N.O. HD's as part of the Top 50 they are doing. Is this DPP44 something I will need to get that eventually?

Thanks.
James

Last edited:
I think you mean DPP44

Reason is Nawlins locals are on 121, so you need a Superdish (there's 3 spots on the switch) and 129 or 61.5 for HD (there's the 4th) :)

Oh..you're right....DPP44.

So it's a switch for mulitple dishes. I currently have an old Dish500 dish. What will the guy be installing for me on Saturday for my 622? I'm guessing keeping what I have and adding an additional super dish?

Also, if I wanted to prepare for my locals...I'd have to specifically request a DPP44 be put in?

Well now they throw a pickel into it

Dish is moving locals onto 110 and Nawlins is soon (within the next two weeks or so) so if you don't have locals now through Dish, they will install a Dish1000 which will give you 110/119/129. Once Nawlins locals are on 110, then you can add them and not need the gaudy Superdish.

OH, I should have been more specific. I don't mean my regular locals, I mean later this year when they put Nawlins HD locals on. That's what I MIGHT want to do, although my outdoor antenna gets them pretty good for the most part. I just like to be prepared and to have options :).

since you don't subscribe to the SD locals via Dish, they'll put a Dish1000 on your house. Its a little bigger (maybe 3 inches or so) than the Dish500. That will get you 110/119 (which you already have) and 129 9for the HD)

I also subscribe to CBS E & W, and I'd like to have the HD version of it. Is this on one of those satellites? Or will I be out of luck for that one channel?

You would be out of luck. The East feed is on 61.5 and teh West feed is on 148. If you want 1 of those you need a DPP44 for the 4th location.

Cool. I probably won't worry about it since I have CBS locally OTA and from what I hear, the 622 can record OTA as well. I just love having that west coast feed, but since I mainly use it for late live viewings of Survivor and Amazing Race (which is not currently in HD), I guess it isn't a big deal. I'll just keep using the regular SD feed for when I watch the West. Thanks for all the info guys.

Iceberg:
You have one hell of a setup. Where do you live?

I just read another post that said you need 61.5 for the Voom HD's? Is this true? Because of course I want these with the HD package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)