NR is rolling out

Stupid question from a new guy. If I currently have the latest CE...should I stick with that or go for the NR? Also, if I want the NR...how do I get that?

Stupid question from a new guy. If I currently have the latest CE...should I stick with that or go for the NR? Also, if I want the NR...how do I get that?

It's up to you.
Testing the latest CE helps Directv with upcoming features though.

You can force the national release the same way you donwload a CE...just do it outside the CE download window.

The new national release will be pushed to your receiver when Directv says so. You can't force it unless it has been authorized for you. Typically they start in L.A. then the rest of the west coast and work their way east over several days or more. Since the number is higher than any of the CEs, it will happen.

The national release is always rolling out... :confused:

Since this is in the CE forum, and nobody else said anything about the CE going national, make your own inferences.;)

If that doesnt work, try a bayesian filter. :tux:

All that having been said, a release that is higher than the most recent downloadable CE is now being distributed as a national release. It doesnt have MRV but otherwise is allegedly a slight improvement over the last available CE. I say allegedly because the most recent, and admittedly slight, tweaks havent been tested outside of the sphere of directv testing that runs short of the CE process and which nobody except a few people with the right colored ties (and batman underwear) know about.

Good news for those of us still fiddling with 0x319 or earlier (the mrv enabled releases), it'll take at least 2 and maybe 3 weeks to fully roll out. And its looking like we'll have a new MRV enabled CE next friday.

So most likely only a few days of tooth gnashing for a small percentage of us before we most likely get mrv back, with allegedly better underpinnings.

Well, it took 19 CE releases to get it ready, but DLB is finally rolling out to the masses.

Thank you to all our cutting edge members, without your testing and feedback developments like DLB would take a lot longer.

Also, thank you to DirecTV for your partnership in the CE program.

Since this is in the CE forum, and nobody else said anything about the CE going national, make your own inferences.;)

If that doesnt work, try a bayesian filter. :tux:

All that having been said, a release that is higher than the most recent downloadable CE is now being distributed as a national release. It doesnt have MRV but otherwise is allegedly a slight improvement over the last available CE. I say allegedly because the most recent, and admittedly slight, tweaks havent been tested outside of the sphere of directv testing that runs short of the CE process and which nobody except a few people with the right colored ties (and batman underwear) know about.

Good news for those of us still fiddling with 0x319 or earlier (the mrv enabled releases), it'll take at least 2 and maybe 3 weeks to fully roll out. And its looking like we'll have a new MRV enabled CE next friday.

So most likely only a few days of tooth gnashing for a small percentage of us before we most likely get mrv back, with allegedly better underpinnings.

And then you can deal with the problems of the MRV again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)