Nub question, removing padding -1, +3?

Moderno

Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
Hello all, former DirecTV customer. I just got a Dish 522 4 days ago, and I'm loving it! Dunno how we managed before. I feel as if I just stepped out of the dark ages! So my question, how do I get rid of the padding? It's killing me, I scanned the manual, scoured the forums, can't find it. Thanks in advance. =)

As MWGII said you can edit it EACH time you set up a timer but, right now, there is NO way to save your preferences. I been after DISH for two years to change that but someone at DISH that makes decisions on such matters doesn't think it is important to make it an option to be able to save your preferences.

Ironically, I love having the 1/3 padding as the default. I change them on occasion. But, more often than not, leave them just as they are. With two tuners, I normally don't have to worry about overlapping timers. Plus, will the way the broadcasters screw around with schedules, it's saved a few recordings for me.

OTOH, Bill R is right in that there should at least be a way to change the default for those people who for some reason find it annoying.

Moderno - What is it about this helpful and convenient feature that is "killing" you? I'm curious.

Gary, its not the feature thats killing me, just that I couldnt find it in the manual, and I swore I had been at that scren before. The feature itself, while annoying that it doesnt save my preferences, not really killing me heh. You would think it would be easily implemented in a future s/w release, but 2 years to be hounding them about it, doesnt seem like a priority.

721 Acquiring Signal

522 L2.07 Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)