Numbers on program guide for recorded shows? - 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChetK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Round Rock, TX
When I set up a timer for a specific show and then I look at it in the program guide, there is either a green dot with a "1" in it or a blue dot with a "2" in it. What do they mean? I looked in the manual and didn't see anything.

I thought they might indicate which tuner will be used to record, but I get green 1's and blue 2's whether it's OTA or a sat. program.

So, then I thought it might be which priority it might be if there's more than one timer set up at the same time, but I have blue 2's when there were no other timers set up at that same time.

I'm confused and it's not really explained anywhere.

Thanks!

ChetK said:
...I get green 1's and blue 2's whether it's OTA or a sat. program.

What I mean by this is that I get green 1's and blue 2's on OTA and I also get green 1's and blue 2's on sat. timers. How is that possible?

However, I could be wrong about this. I will check again when I get home. How can I change the default tuner? And shouldn't there be 3 numbers?

1 = sat
2 = sat
3 = OTA
???

Still confused.

ChetK said:
However, I could be wrong about this. I will check again when I get home. How can I change the default tuner? And shouldn't there be 3 numbers?

1 = sat
2 = sat
3 = OTA
???

Still confused.
1 = OTA
1 = SAT
2 = SAT

When recording something on OTA, it will always say 1, since there is only one OTA tuner.

Related question

I have my default options for recording set to start 1 min early, end 3 min late (except for sports which is 60 min late by default).

Now when I set 2 back to back programs to record, both on the same channel, why does it come up with the same tuner doing both shows? This kind of negates the purpose of the start early / stop late options.

It's real aggravating for "Lost" followed by Evidence (used to be Invasion). I have to pick up the last 30 seconds or so of "Lost" on the beginning of "Evidence". It's not the end of the world for watching it but a real pain if you're going to archive "Lost", since you have to include "Evidence" too.

Yeah, I've noticed something like this too. Like, I'll record two 1-hour shows back to back on the same channel, but I'll only end up with one recorded 2-hour event. Seems weird.

waltinvt said:
I have my default options for recording set to start 1 min early, end 3 min late (except for sports which is 60 min late by default).

Now when I set 2 back to back programs to record, both on the same channel, why does it come up with the same tuner doing both shows? This kind of negates the purpose of the start early / stop late options.

It's real aggravating for "Lost" followed by Evidence (used to be Invasion). I have to pick up the last 30 seconds or so of "Lost" on the beginning of "Evidence". It's not the end of the world for watching it but a real pain if you're going to archive "Lost", since you have to include "Evidence" too.
If you are talking about OTA recordings, how do you expect it to use a seperate OTA tuner for the second show when there is only one tuner?

ChetK said:
Yeah, I've noticed something like this too. Like, I'll record two 1-hour shows back to back on the same channel, but I'll only end up with one recorded 2-hour event. Seems weird.
It shouldn't be doing that. You should have two seperate 1 hour recordings.

OK. I researched it last night. The OTA tuner is always #1. The sat timers default to tuner #2, but if another sat timer is created that conflicts, it goes to tuner #1.

ChetK said:
OK. I researched it last night. The OTA tuner is always #1. The sat timers default to tuner #2, but if another sat timer is created that conflicts, it goes to tuner #1.

Exactly what I said would happen with record plus active and set to tv2. I started noticing that if tv is already tuned to the channel set to record it adds extra time to the recording. I have not seen where it would change multiple recordings into one longer timer, I will have to check that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)