Nutella Is Not Broccoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! I don't see a problem with the ad that was shown on the provided link. In fact, that particular ad never said it was healthy (just that kids require a lot of energy) and at the end of the tail end they listed hazel nuts, cocoa and milk (i.e., a nut high in fat content and chocolate milk) as the main ingredients. I don't know what reasonable parent would think this was anything more than Nestle's Quick with nuts or a liquid candy bar. If the parents are monitoring their childrens eating habits, they should try cutting up celery, carrots and apple and let 'em dip it in to the Nutella or peanut butter.

I like Nutella, and I'm not going for the money. She should have read the label. And should never have won a dime. And I hope they appeal and it's overturned.

It's far too easy to file a frivolous or nuisance suit in this country.

When I am in Germany, and I go once a year for three weeks normally, I have Nutella as part of my breakfast often. While it is available here in the US I never buy it. As tiger says, it's a treat, nothing more.....

I remember seeing the ad last year and thinking that it was supposed to be healthier for you. I looked up the video on youtube Nutella Commercial - YouTube (I don't know how to put youtube videos right into the message by the way - would like to know how) and when I saw this commercial for 2011 there was no mention of it being healthy.

This is the FDA readout, look at the sugar!

nutritionfacts2.gif

Bobby said:
This is the FDA readout, look at the sugar!

I am not thinking that is insanely high. Says 2 tbsp. I'd figure as such.

A friend had a hostess apple pie the other day, the thing had 450 calories and 70g of carbs. Now that was crazy.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I like Nutella, and I'm not going for the money. She should have read the label. And should never have won a dime. And I hope they appeal and it's overturned.

It's far too easy to file a frivolous or nuisance suit in this country.

Unfortunately, the article said it was a settlement, so don't think there was a judgement, if I read it correctly.

They should have let it go to court, I think if a judge had any sense he would have thrown this out.

I CANNOT believe the idiocy of America today. What was this woman thinking? She was obviously smart enough to get a lawyer and class-action going, surely she was smart enough to know what Nutella actually is. She's just a money grubbing whore, who got 1 million dollars for nothing.

Naw, the lawyer who approached her is the one who collects all the dough in the end.... Shakespeare was right, in the end.....

It might have cost more for them to fight it in court therefore they settled for less than their cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)