Nvidia Pro Shield Audio Out Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
To avoid hijacking the Roku/Firestick thread, I don't think I really paid attention with my Firestick, I'll have to dig it out and check, is Audio Output. The apps I stream with, we don't talk about here, BUT, those and YouTube show PCM on my Sound Bar (/Polk Magnifi-Max Sr. connected via HDMI Arc) indicator. Prime is 5.1 Dolby Digitial. So, playing around, my Plex is PCM - which I hadn't really used yet. All my settings are set correct, AFAIK.

So I searched nVidia Pro Sheild YouTube not 5.1 and found a lot of people posting about it and that YT just doesn't output 5.1. One post said it does on his LG OLED so I went to the YT App on my LG and boom! 5.1, not to mention, the picture when I did a search for 4K was breathtaking! Much better than the app on the Sheild. Also, Plex and Amazon Music (Also PCM on the Shield) were in 5.1 DD.

Now, am I doing something wrong with the Shield or did I drop $200.00 on something that's not living up to expectations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)