Sling TV Price Increase & DVR Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HobbyTalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
SW Florida
Sling TV Announced a price increase of $5 for new customers of Blue and Orange and $5 for Blue + Orange. Current customers will not see a price increase before August. All customer DVRs are increased from 10 Hours to 50 Hours with a $5 upgrade to 200 Hours

Reactions: Yespage
Nuts! So it seems like to drop the DVR plus to save $5 and keep 50 hrs, you also swap for the new Blue price, so you don't save any money.

Sling is definitely still the cheapest out there and the best for picking and choosing.

All I see on their web page is Blue, Orange, or add Hallmark pack. Where is the pick and choose? There is a crumy locals with no locals, but I got TiVo OTA.
It is listed at $35 for either pack and $6 for Hallmark pack. Do you then pay extra for DVR cloud 50 hours. If so, then it brings me up to $46 and I am paying $52 including tax for my Welcome pack and HWS.Not much savings?

All I see on their web page is Blue, Orange, or add Hallmark pack. Where is the pick and choose? There is a crumy locals with no locals, but I got TiVo OTA.
It is listed at $35 for either pack and $6 for Hallmark pack. Do you then pay extra for DVR cloud 50 hours. If so, then it brings me up to $46 and I am paying $52 including tax for my Welcome pack and HWS.Not much savings?
The 50 hr dvr is now standard. So either Blue or Orange with the package that contains the Hallmark channels would be $41/ month.

While I liked Sling, we dropped it for Philo. We like Philo's dvr better because you can skip through ads a whole lot faster. And we use Tivos for our ota channels. Sports isn't very important to us, so our current arrangement works great.

Does Philo let you skip commercials on a dvr'd program? Anyone got a referral code? PM me.

Last edited:
While I liked Sling, we dropped it for Philo. We like Philo's dvr better because you can skip through ads a whole lot faster. And we use Tivos for our ota channels. Sports isn't very important to us, so our current arrangement works great.
Yeah, with Covid, the EPL on NBCSN has been spotty, so we've stepped it down to Philo and Dish Welcome Pack. The difference pays for Peacock, which I've been watching an absurd amount of Alpine skiing events.

Sling is definitely the cheapest option for an a la carte style IPTV (especially the cheapest way to get NBCSN) and the adding of the much large DVR for $5 is a breakthrough. But with Dish Welcome, and Covid EPL, and having access to Peacock, I've given up for the season with needing NBCSN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts