NVRAM Clear for HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MVPinBoynton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2013
Boynton Beach, FL
I have been reading about making the remote more responsive by clearing the NVRAM. This method does not appear to work with the HR34. Is there a way, other than a red button reset to help the slowness?

I have been reading about making the remote more responsive by clearing the NVRAM. This method does not appear to work with the HR34. Is there a way, other than a red button reset to help the slowness?

Anyone?? I am having the same issue. No matter what I try, the clearing does not work on the HR34. I've done channel 1, waiting once I tune to it, going through the button sequence slow and steady, or fast as possible....nothing works.

:welcome to Satelliteguys channel!

If the nvram clearing doesn't work, the only other method I've heard of is a reset. BTW, if you are doing a reset, do it through the menu, not the red button.

I can clear it with my HR34 but it does nothing for speed, like it did on my previous receiver.

Sadly the HR34 is no speed demon. I've tried the NVRAM trick too, and felt like it did nothing. :(

Hopefully the HR44 will be faster, altho that does no good unless you are able to get swapped out to one.

Despite its tuner quantity advantages, I am starting to wish I had not upgraded. The HR24 was a far superior receiver. I like my AM21 channels on the client in the other room, but that's the only advantage.

In general, clearing the NVRAM doesn't do anything, because the memory leaks that clogged up the NVRAM just aren't there any more for the most part. Doing 5 channel changes in a row seems to have an oddly positive effect, but only to a small extent. I've been a big fan of the HR34 Genie DVR, but I completely admit that under load it's not as fast as an HR24. Of course an HR24 can't record 5 things.

I think we all know the ultimate answer to the issue is to get an HR44.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I HATE CABLE, but this is cool

Screen Saver turn on during Live TV after a few hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)