NYC/Boston Going Spot. Are you a mover?

can any one post a list what local channels HD and SD are still as of this date in the connus and on wich sat

thank you

can any one post a list what local channels HD and SD are still as of this date in the connus and on wich sat

thank you

Any of this info could change at any time. But as of this very moment...

*=is uplinked to a spotbeam as well and may move at any time. Not advisable to "move" to these locations unless you are under the correct "spot"

HD
148°
Fairbanks, AK (ABC, Fox, PBS) (2nd PBS & TBN non HD)
Juneau, AK (ABC PBS)

129° (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox)
Loa Angeles
Chicago*
Abluquerque
Denver
Nashville*
Minniapolis*
Atlanta*
Salt Lake City (no ABC)
Kansas City

118°
St. Louis
Detroit
Raleigh
Pittsburgh
Charlotte*

SD

110°
Denver (ABC CBS, NBC, Fox ONLY) (CW at 119°)
Chicago (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox ONLY)

119°
Atlanta ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox (AAD-NPS Only)
San Francisco ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox (AAD-NPS Only)
New York (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, MyTV only)

105° (leaving this location "soon")
Sioux City
Columbuis, OH
Charleston, WV
Dayton, OH
Clarksburg/Weston, WV
Charlottesville, VA

121° (leaving this location "soon")
Erie
Wausau, WI
Providence
Wichita Falls/Lawton

129°
Erie
Sioux City
Columbus, OH
Wausau, WI
Charleston, WV
Dayton, OH
Wichita Falls/Lawton
Clarksburg/Weston, WV
Charlottesville, VA

148°
Medford, OR
Cheyenne, WY
Lubbock, TX
Casper, WY
Rapid City, SD
San Angelo, TX
Abiline, TX (National PBS at 119°)
Billings, MT (national PBS at 119°)

See ya
Tony

Does anyone have any idea how prevelant moving is? When you mention moving to the general sat TV subscriber, they look at you like you are crazy. I know of no one other than folks on this board that have even heard of the practice. My guess is that way less than 1000 people are aware of "moving" I should note that the figure (less than 1000) comes from the wild a** guess journal, so its accuracy is no doubt in question. All the talk about doing it or not, and does DISH really know about the practice is a moot point if only a few folks do it.

"moving" is mostly a DISH thing because they have had CONUS HD locals vs spotbeams for years. It is my understanding that Direct uses mostly spot beams.

Please read threads before posting.

Your message is listed as #89 and the answer to your question is in #82 in this thread.

Thanks Kstuart, however I read that and the only one that was on Eastern Standard time was Atlanta and it was listed as being able to move to spot only at any time. I was hoping for a HD spot beam that I could fall in without worrying to "move" again. Something like the new Norfolk locals coming up or another in the area that I could get a signal from.

The only 2 conus locals (that I know of) are NYC and LA. Both are spotbeam but they are DNS cities, you will get the DNS feeds if you move there.

assume you are you talking about Direct TV DNS service. Confusing if you move there you are not on DNS? but would get them because you are "moved" there.

Hasn't anyone heard Jim Norton's puddle of aids bit? Sarcasm, plain and simple.

I do want more quality HD choices and spotbeams do contribute to this goal. Moving to 100% MPEG 4 would too, but that will take years to achieve.

The SD feeds are hardly watchable now and is expected to go spot too. I know there are more important things in life, but having the NYC locals, especially for the past 10 years, was very nice. It is one benefit that cable just could not offer.

As written now it appears distant network service cuts off in February with the analog channels. This would include All American Direct and DIRECTV.

My NY HD locals were cut off late last Thurs. Like an idiot, I decided to call customer support to see what was going on rather than look here first. I know better! Anyway, they had me do the usual check switches and stuff for about an hour and ended with recommending that I have a tech come out and re-aim my dish. I declined. Too bad it wasn't that easy!! They made no mention of going spot.

Apparently the Williamsport, PA area is out of the spot! I am not worried, though. I have been assured that my area will be getting local HD "soon"!!

As written now it appears distant network service cuts off in February with the analog channels. This would include All American Direct and DIRECTV.

I do not think the digital transition would mean that All American cuts off the networks for those qualified. Isn't there a difference between "analog" and "digital". Does not have to be HD to be digital???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts