NYC PBS Probs?

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
I tried to catch Nova in HD last night (4/20) on PBS. I get the NYC PBS OTA and can usually receive it. Last night I was getting no signal. Anyone else in the NYC area have this problem last night?

The Rickster

You get Channel 13 out of Manhattan? Man, you're so lucky. I am in NYC but can't get their damn signal. Also, they just did an unfair thing to us in NYC. They own both 13 and LI channel 21 and shutdown channel 21 HD over the air signal. Their respond was that NYC customer could get the 13 HD over the air signal. What a bunch of idiots? Good that I never supported them and now I am turning my rotor to WEDW out of CT.

Sometimes...

Sometimes I get 13 out of NYC. I seem to find, many times, I'm getting no signal on that channel. Last night was one of those nights. Still don't know why. I may have to call them...

The Rickster

THat signal is way to weak and it points towards jearsey anyway. You are very lucky you even get it sometimes. If you get all the other important locals, dont ruin a good thing I dont think VOOm can do much about channel 13 for you. JUst my 2 cents.

Bummer...

Don't want to ruin anything but, honestly, I hardly ever watch the other locals. I HATE primetime TV on the big networks and I LOVE Nova. It just seems the local PBS stations don't have their act together enough. Bummer...

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts