Oahu, Hawaii. Can't lock anything except 118.7.

Decadent

Original poster
May 27, 2016
Hawaii
Good morning/afternoon, depending on where you are.

I'm in Hawaii currently, installing a dish Network Sat Farm for a contract I'm doing. This is my first one out here and I'm quite confused as to why I can't lock onto 110, 119 or 129. All I can get is my 118.7 bird for my international channels. I'm using a birdog ultra sat meter for my peaking but again, to no avail. I've updated my firmware and checked their super lists, downloading the pre set lists they have for the various transponders on each bird. If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm aware, and I'm aware that 129 is apparently difficult to lock in here. However, I've seen posts of people getting it done and it's still listed for DISH's birds in this area. So clearly it's gotta be doable. I've already locked 110 and 119 now since then but 129 is still just not coming in at all. The closest I get is I'll go to 129 on my meter, start adjusting, lock in and then realize I'm pointed at 110 and can also lock onto 110 there. So, if there's a trick to it out here, it would be lovely if someone shared. Thank you in advance.