Oakland Raiders in Talks to Tear Down O.co Coliseum

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Do the Raiders actually own the stadium?

Nope. The county does. As much as I would LOVE to see the Raiders stay in Oakland, the county nor the state are planning to put a dime. Oakland has offered to put in as much as $400 million of their own money. I find it interesting that LA is ready to build anyone that offers to put an NFL team a stadium....but in Oakland, not a red cent.

Nope. The county does. As much as I would LOVE to see the Raiders stay in Oakland, the county nor the state are planning to put a dime. Oakland has offered to put in as much as $400 million of their own money. I find it interesting that LA is ready to build anyone that offers to put an NFL team a stadium....but in Oakland, not a red cent.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that the 1990s Coliseum renovation did not deliver the revenue the Raiders and proponents said it would and that local governments still owe hundreds of millions on those old renovations? Also, 400 million from the city seems like a lot of red cents to me....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the 1990s Coliseum renovation did not deliver the revenue the Raiders and proponents said it would and that local governments still owe hundreds of millions on those old renovations? Also, 400 million from the city seems like a lot of red cents to me....

Believe me....NO ONE has been as outspoken about teams holding cities hostage as I have on this site. I am very surprised that Oakland and SF did not try to share like the Giants and Jets do.

Believe me....NO ONE has been as outspoken about teams holding cities hostage as I have on this site. I am very surprised that Oakland and SF did not try to share like the Giants and Jets do.
There's no love lost at the organization level between the two. 49ers had no motivation to share since they had the means of getting a new stadium done. Even if they had been willing, I'm not sure that 1) the Raiders would have been willing to move to share a stadium with the 49ers and 2) that Santa Clara would have been ok with 10 more NFL games annually at the location. (Some people see the games as a nuisance rather than as a means of generating economic prosperity.)

There's no love lost at the organization level between the two. 49ers had no motivation to share since they had the means of getting a new stadium done. Even if they had been willing, I'm not sure that 1) the Raiders would have been willing to move to share a stadium with the 49ers and 2) that Santa Clara would have been ok with 10 more NFL games annually at the location. (Some people see the games as a nuisance rather than as a means of generating economic prosperity.)

I'm sure that the same can be said about the Jets & the Giants,but they got it done.

I'm sure that the same can be said about the Jets & the Giants,but they got it done.
With a ton of money from the NFL, which oh by the way was the last of the money set aside in that fund to help with new stadium construction.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The Jets didn't want to move in with the Giants but their plans for a stadium fell through. That and the Giants stadium was getting too expensive so they caved and went 50/50.

Isn't there also an issue with territory rights with Oakland and SF.

The Jets didn't want to move in with the Giants but their plans for a stadium fell through. That and the Giants stadium was getting too expensive so they caved and went 50/50.

Seeing how the Niners are no longer in SF and are actually in SC now (the Raiders are closer to San Fran now than the Niners), probably not.
As it is, the Bay Area is treated as a single market.

The territory rights dispute is between the local baseball teams, not football. The A's want to move from Oakland to San Jose but the Giants object since that is their territory (ironically that was given to the Giants by the A's 20 years ago to help keep the Giants from moving to Florida).

Why in the world didn't the A's encourage the Giants to move to Florida and move to SF themselves?

Report: Raiders could move to San Antonio

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/report-raiders-could-move-to-san-antonio/

According to the San Antonio Express-News, Davis and a pair of “top lieutenants” recently met with San Antonio officials to talk about a move of the Raiders. Per the report, the meeting began on July 18, with Davis and company touring the Alamodome and other locations during a two-to-three day visit.
This so funny,I don't want to turn this into a political discussion,but with all of the businesses moving from California to Texas for tax breaks,this one would really have to hurt California's pride & image. Neil Cavuto,Eric Bolling,& Fox Business News will gleefully gloat & eat this up if it actually happens.

This so funny,I don't want to turn this into a political discussion,but with all of the businesses moving from California to Texas for tax breaks,this one would really have to hurt California's pride & image. Neil Cavuto,Eric Bolling,& Fox Business News will gleefully gloat & eat this up if it actually happens.
Feel free to have them if what they want is 500 million to a 1 billion in public financing to build a new stadium. I don't need the additional property taxes or special district assessments associated with any of those measures.

Don't know If this will happen, but ....

When the Browns moved to Baltimore, I would guess that MOST of the Browns fans did NOT become Baltimore fans.

IF, the Raiders do move to San Antonio (or anywhere other than LA), do you raiders fans still root for them .... or against them ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)