Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Senator Obama is in Hartford tonight and will be giving a speech in about an hour at the XL Center (formally known as the Hartford Civic Center)

The Civic Center is across the street from my office (I am on the 29th flood so I got a good look down onto the Civic Center) :)

Anyways we got some satellite trucks out there including the Fox News Channel, and the local channels.

But what is amazing is the number of people out there who are going to see Obama speek. There are THOUSAND AND THOUSANDS of people outside, the line to get in goes around the entire Civic Center! I don't believe that I have ever seen a crowd like this in downtown Hartford!

I just grabbed these pictures from my office looking down on the Civic Center to give you guys a look at what I see, also as I was snapping pictures Newchannel 8's helicopter was flying over, so I grabbed a snapshot of that as well. :)

Remember if you have primary's tomorrow in your state to go out and vote! :)

Attachments

• ob1.jpg
    ob1.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 195
  • ob2.jpg
    ob2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 191
  • ob3.jpg
    ob3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 176
  • pb4.jpg
    pb4.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 183
  • ob5.jpg
    ob5.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 181
Apparently it was more of the same when he was in Denver last week... people filled up numerous overflow rooms as well as a field outside.

I was once excited over one word - perestroyka, when I was lived in USSR 20 years ago. Gorbachev was a younger then others Soviet leaders, and that word was flying high. Then it appeared it meant almost nothing, at least nothing good. After that I don't like such words as perestroyka, or change.
And remember an old Chinease saying : don't wish yourself to live during change times (or something close to that).
So I am sceptical to this Obama change until something more realistic will show up in his program and speaches. So less "Change" word, and show some program.
And not excited about universal health care - lived with that for 35 years. It doesn't work unless you have friends among doctors.
And I am an optimist too, but moderate one.:D

Thanks for the pictures, Scott! It seems as though he is drawing a crowd just about everywhere he goes. I wonder, in comparison, what kind of crowds Hillary is pulling in?

I know on the Republican side that I have noticed many seem to think McCain has it wrapped up but a close friend of mine (that was recently in California) said it looked as though Romney had far more supporters even though the polls show McCain ahead -- I'm thinking Huckabee is pulling some of Romney's supporters away.

I think obama is going to do alot better tommorow than what many people give him credit for. I know one thing, If he does a the same as he's done for the people of illinois, he is going to be one of the best presidents in the history of the US. He has done a great job and Has my vote!

Those satellite trucks turn you on, don't they ?!?! :D I can't believe you didn't wander down there and ask to peek in them.....

Helll I would be like soooo hummm what birds are you on... Yea what was that freq again.. did you say the sr was what! :D Then I would immedatly be posting it in the WUT area :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts