Off-Air Local schedule, or equivalent?

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the off-air antenna local channels to display their program on the guide? I have a ViP722 receiver and get about 12 locals - but they don't show up with the daily schedule - just a note that says "Digital Service".

I doubt there is a way without subscribing to the $5/month fee for the local channels.

I've tried to find a channel in the 'All Channels' guide that might mirror the big national companies (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) but none show up on mine.

Basically I'm trying to find a way to see what is playing on those major stations without paying $5/month when I already can get the channels.

I have the dishHD Absolute package that gives me all the HD channels (if that helps).

You pretty much answered your own question... part of the $5 a month fee is the guide info...

You pretty much answered your own question... part of the $5 a month fee is the guide info...
Thanks tastim - I bet that's the best we get for now. I can see what's on hundreds of other channels that I don't subscribe to, but I can't see what's on a channel that I actually get. I guess that's what got me thinking.

If anyone knows of something different that is the solution, great. If not - I guess I was expecting a better setup for the local channels that get put into the guide, like dividing up the day into 1 hour blocks, even if they don't tell you what's on.

It would be nice if they would make it easier to record a show from the off-air locals. Right now it has an all day long program and I don't see a way to stop recording without manually being there to hit stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts