off air vip 211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pastorjack

Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I installed my vip 211 a few days ago, I live in the Atlanta Metropolitan area.
The digital stations are quite strong and channel 11 (10) is broadcasting the news in HDTV. My problem is that my receiver is not receiving any digital channels at all. If I use the pass thru function, the analog stations are full quieting (no snow) I have a good antenna on a mast mounted on the roof of the house.
When I do a scan, nothing. When I do add channel, nothing.

I've called tech support but they're no help. The techs in this area said the receiver doesn't have a digital receiver, what a load of rubbish!

Can anyone help

I'm an extra class ham KV4G

Jack C

Jack,
Are you certain your OTA antenna is VHF and UHF, and/or you have a UHF downfeed into the 211?
All of the ATL DT's, other than NBC (10, VHF-11) are broadcast on UHF frequency.
ABC-39
CBS-19
FOX-27

Yes, I receive all the local channels in analog mode both UHF and VHF
but absolutely nothing in Digital. I tried my grandson's vip 211 in my location and the results are the same.
I have a feeling the dish people are sending a defective activation code which activates HDTV programming from the sattelite but not for off air HDTV

Jack

Check your PM.
If another 211 yields the same results, it would sound as though it is a local issue to do with your OTA antenna and/or feeds.
The "code" you refer to is stored in the receiver's memory.
If your grandson's 211 receives OTA digital at his location, and not at yours, it would have nothing to do with any sort of code being sent to your location or receivers.

Last edited:
I am having the same trouble with off-air digital on my 211 as well. I received them with no trouble on my 811. I can receive ABC and PBS, but the 211 only locks onto the PBS. The ABC station even has a stronger signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts