Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Official Statement to DISH Network customers
(From Dallas Stars)
spacer.gif

April 13, 2004
http://www.dallasstars.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=2204

Monday night's Game Three between the Colorado Avalanche and Dallas Stars was not available to Dish Network customers via Fox Sports Net in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for a good portion of periods one and two.

Fox Sports Net-Southwest regularly sends out instructions to all cable and satellite providers to ensure that all of their regional sports programming is correctly broadcast in its respective markets, including the Stars-Avalanche game for the Dallas-Ft. Worth market on Monday. While all other operators correctly received and followed the instructions, for unknown reasons the game was not made available on Dish Network until notified by both the Stars and Fox Sports Net officials. The error was corrected with approximately two minutes left in the second period and the game was then available on channel 448 by Dish Network customers.

"We are disappointed and sorry that our fans with Dish Network were not able to see a good portion of Game Three on Monday evening," said Stars President Jim Lites. "Fox Sports Net and the Stars worked together the second we were made aware of the situation and took steps to correct the problem and get the game on the air for Dish Network customers and ensure that this mistake does not happen again."

Dish Network Customers can call customer service at 1-800-333-DISH for further information.

I guess it wasn't on ESPN in Dallas, like it was here....?

It drives me crazy that I can't watch any Canucks games! ESPN nor ABC is airing that series and we don't get CBC.

heatho said:
It drives me crazy that I can't watch any Canucks games! ESPN nor ABC is airing that series and we don't get CBC.

If a US team was playing the Canucks, then there might be some interest from ESPN & ABC. But since its the Flames & Canucks, they would rather show other teams.

the game was on espn/espnHD, but blacked out in Dallas since it was *supposed* to be availabld on FSN. E* blacked all of them out.

my question is why does espnHD/ABC show regular season NBA and MLB games in HD, but xmits NHL in SD, even for playoff games?

I am having the Same problem here in Michigan, after calling Customer Support and being hung up on 3 times by the Music on Hold devil I got through to someone. He was useless.

I asked why am I being blacked out from ESPN feeds SD and HD for Detroit Redwings games, I was not blacked out in the Regular Season.

He said "they" did not want to pay for right to broadcast the game. I said who is they? DishNetwork? He said yes DishNetwork does not want to pay (Fox Sports I assume) to broadcast the game in your region.

Charter Cable , Comcast, and DirectTV are broadcasting it locally here in Michigan.

This sux big time, one of the Main reasons I went with the 811HD setup is for Sports, Hockey in particular.

The game may not be in true HD format, but it is way better than watching an overcompressed, grainy , bad color, FOX Sports uplink in SD Stretch mode

I am I SOL here, or is this standard practice for Dish during playoffs? Or is the CSR full of it?

I have only been a sub since December 2003, so I am locked in to them for a year I think.

Just 1 more thing that makes me want to cancel, or reduce my subscription to something minimal like HBO, and HD pack only. and use cable for everything else.

There was a news article I was sent yesterday which went to a subscription site (I dont have a subscription) it said that Dish took full blame for the error and would work with the Stars to make sure this problem never happens again.

bclarke68 said:
He said "they" did not want to pay for right to broadcast the game. I said who is they? DishNetwork? He said yes DishNetwork does not want to pay (Fox Sports I assume) to broadcast the game in your region.

both csr's I talked to said it was Fox's decision -- one even said "...apparantly fox decided they can make more $ showing the Astros game instead...". the Astros game was on the regular FSNSW channel, the Stars game was on an alternate channel, which was blacked out for the first 2 periods. it was also blacked out on espn and espnhd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts