OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Just got redirected to this page from another topic and although I didn't read all 266 of the posts here, in the several pages I did read no one made mention of the fact that Echostar owns D!sh! And is it not true that Rupert Murdoch owns the whole shebang, ie, D!sh, Echostar, Fox Broadcasting, etc. And isn't Murdoch a LARGE stockholder in DTV too?

And lets not loose site of the fact that ultimately Murdoch is the one actually responsible for the demise of Cband! He initially used Cband to build his satellite network and then his pizza dish business which lead to what we see happening December 31st!

Screw the whole bunch! FTA/OTA and NO PAY TV at my house!

Wow, no. Sorry. Lots of incorrect statements in this post...

Geez, where to start...
Echostar and Dish split companies a couple years ago, but still based out of the same building (south part of Denver) and Charlie Ergen who has owned the company since it's inception.
Rupert Murdoch has nothing to do with, holds no position in, nor ever stops by to visit Dish or Echostar. Not sure where you find your facts, but you might want to change where you collect your research.
Glad you enjoy not paying for what you get. I happen to enjoy my Dish and and happy with what I am paying for and what I receive.
Murdoch owned stock at one time (and may still own it) Articles about Echostar Communications Corporation - New York Times

That link takes you to an article from the year 2000 about Murdoch reducing his stake. It is hard to believe that he would have been allowed to retain a stake in Echostar once NewsCorp went after DirecTV.

Charlie Ergen and his wife (and a family trust they set up) own most of Echostar and Dishnetwork. Jim DeFranco, the other co-founder, owns some and was at one time, I believe, listed on Echostar and Dishnetwork public filings as owning more than 10%. If someone knows how much Jim DeFranco owns now, I'd be interested in knowing his current stake. Some 20 to 30% is apparently owned by the public.

Best regards,
Fitzie1 (aka Fitzie)

Charlie Ergen and his wife (and a family trust they set up) own most of Echostar and Dishnetwork. Jim DeFranco, the other co-founder, owns some and was at one time, I believe, listed on Echostar and Dishnetwork public filings as owning more than 10%. If someone knows how much Jim DeFranco owns now, I'd be interested in knowing his current stake. Some 20 to 30% is apparently owned by the public.

Best regards,
Fitzie1 (aka Fitzie)

e10vk - Last annual report

Charles W. Ergen, our Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, currently beneficially owns approximately 51.2% of our total equity securities and possesses approximately 83.5% of the total voting power. Mr. Ergen’s beneficial ownership of shares of Class A Common Stock excludes 22,023,267 shares of Class A Common Stock issuable upon conversion of shares of Class B Common Stock currently held by certain trusts established by Mr. Ergen for the benefit of his family. These trusts beneficially own approximately 10.0% of our total equity securities and possess approximately 8.5% of the total voting power. Through his voting power, Mr. Ergen has the ability to elect a majority of our directors and to control all other matters requiring the approval of our stockholders. As a result, DISH Network is a “controlled company” as defined in the Nasdaq listing rules and is, therefore, not subject to Nasdaq requirements that would otherwise require us to have (i) a majority of independent directors; (ii) a nominating committee composed solely of independent directors; (iii) compensation of our executive officers determined by a majority of the independent directors or a compensation committee composed solely of independent directors; and (iv) director nominees selected, or recommended for the Board’s selection, either by a majority of the independent directors or a nominating committee composed solely of independent directors.

DeFranco does not own enough stock to be listed in the report.

Ergen has 61.2% of the stock with 92% of the voting power (his shares count as more votes than common shares)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts