OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

yeah, that's what he's saying. i don't believe it for a second. this is all about him trying to keep their pricing structure intact. he can attract more customers and make more $$$ with his top 120 package the way it is.

he's just like a politician. he tells you something that makes you think he's "on your side" but it's really about his back pocket.

Dish can make more off AT120 because more people would rather subscribe to basic package without all the bloated channels that show about 4hrs of programming and then fill their day with paid programming or repeats from a sister stations previous days broadcast.

Does anyone know what the last up to date talks are ? Are they really talking ? Are the numbers getting closer together? Thanks.

I'd like to know as well. NBA season starts in 9 days and if I can't get League Pass games in HD because of this stupid dispute I'm taking my business to DIRECTV.

I'd like to know as well. NBA season starts in 9 days and if I can't get League Pass games in HD because of this stupid dispute I'm taking my business to DIRECTV.
I don't see a settlement coming before the NBA season starts. Expect another round of nasty press releases from Charlie and Fox when the Fox O&O channels are dropped Nov.1. If the NBA is that important to you,I say switch now.

yeah, that's what he's saying. i don't believe it for a second. this is all about him trying to keep their pricing structure intact. he can attract more customers and make more $$$ with his top 120 package the way it is.

he's just like a politician. he tells you something that makes you think he's "on your side" but it's really about his back pocket.
Sure, and thats why cablevision is doing the same thing i suppose eh?

Sure, and thats why cablevision is doing the same thing i suppose eh?

One benefit for Dish subscribers of the Cablevision/Fox dispute is that we get to see the real numbers instead of just listening to the spin from Dish. However, in this case it sure seems that Cablevision is the one being extremely greedy.

Cablevision says that Fox is looking for 4x to 5x increases for each of its channels and they provided the exact numbers being asked for. Fox says that the numbers Cablevision provided are *correct*, but they say that Cablevision actually is paying MSG more than what they are asking for...that is basically saying, "sure, we are being extremely greedy but you gave MSG even more so you shouldn't complain." Cablevision gave MSG such a sweet deal because they are part of the same company and by paying MSG far above market value they enable MSG to ask the other providers to match what Cablevision is giving them.

This sheds some light on why Fox and MSG are in a pricing dispute with Dish. Fox wants 4x to 5x increases on all of its channels and MSG wants even more than Fox (for ALL Fox channels together) for just MSG/MSG+ channels. The numbers being discussed by Fox and Cablevision/MSG are not in dispute by any party...so we cannot just bury our heads in the sand and claim that Fox and MSG aren't trying to get historically high increases for their channels.

One benefit for Dish subscribers of the Cablevision/Fox dispute is that we get to see the real numbers instead of just listening to the spin from Dish. However, in this case it sure seems that Cablevision is the one being extremely greedy....

Cablevision is being greedy? Really?

Why is the media making a bigger deal out of Cablevision losing Fox rather than Dish? After all Cablevision only has 3 million subs compared to dish's 14 million subs. You'd have thought they'd be talking about Dish long before Cablevision lost Fox.

Ron

There's a whole lot more to this dispute than just FOX / MSG / CABLEVISION, and we need to look beyond that.

Now, step back and lets look at what would happen if ALL of the content providers suddenly demand a 4-fold or 5-fold increase in their rates.

This MUST be STOPPED - DEAD IN ITS TRACKS - NOW. This greed has gotten out of control. I would rather loose channels than watch Dish, or any other provider, pay those ridiculous price increases. After all, they will only be passed on to the subscribers.

it's because Cablevision lost local Fox O&O stations while Dish hasn't lost it yet. when they lose the local Fox O&O stations, then it picks up in the media.

Good idea... may as well go through all that trouble for just some games that you can prob watch online while at the same time paying DirecTV your hard earned money that will go into the pockets of a investor that wants to put a Islamic mosque near ground zero. LOL people really should look at News Corp (whom owns a big stake in DirecTV) and find out more about them cause they are the main reason why they are shutting down FOX from Dish network, Cablevision and perhaps others in the near future. I for one say the hell with Fox, turn it all off... I mean hell News Corp even stopped CableVision customers from accessing its website content and its content on Hulu which is also owned by News Corp. GUYS.. we gotta stand up for once and not let companies like News Corp run all over us or pump money into the pockets of investors that support nonsense projects such as already mentioned.. here check the wiki for yourself.

News Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why is the media making a bigger deal out of Cablevision losing Fox rather than Dish? After all Cablevision only has 3 million subs compared to dish's 14 million subs. You'd have thought they'd be talking about Dish long before Cablevision lost Fox.

Ron
cablevision is in NYC

people really should look at News Corp (whom owns a big stake in DirecTV) and find out more about them cause they are the main reason why they are shutting down FOX from Dish network, Cablevision and perhaps others in the near future.

Read the article: "DirecTV Group sold in 2008 to Liberty Media's Malone, in exchange to his News shares."

News Corp no longer has an interest in Directv.

There's the rub with switching to Directv. Their contract with Fox will run out eventually, and they will end up paying whatever Dish ends up paying.

LOL people really should look at News Corp (whom owns a big stake in DirecTV) and find out more about them cause they are the main reason why they are shutting down FOX from Dish network, Cablevision and perhaps others in the near future.News Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yep. People need to really take a look at NewsCorp, because they do not own any stake in DirecTV any longer. As well as many other inaccuracies within this paragraph.

Good idea... may as well go through all that trouble for just some games that you can prob watch online while at the same time paying DirecTV your hard earned money that will go into the pockets of a investor that wants to put a Islamic mosque near ground zero. LOL people really should look at News Corp (whom owns a big stake in DirecTV) and find out more about them cause they are the main reason why they are shutting down FOX from Dish network, Cablevision and perhaps others in the near future. I for one say the hell with Fox, turn it all off... I mean hell News Corp even stopped CableVision customers from accessing its website content and its content on Hulu which is also owned by News Corp. GUYS.. we gotta stand up for once and not let companies like News Corp run all over us or pump money into the pockets of investors that support nonsense projects such as already mentioned.. here check the wiki for yourself.

Thanks for dictating what I should be watching and where I should be watching it. FYI, I can't watch 82 Lakers games in high definition online and thanks to Dish now I can't watch them on my programming package either. So, if DIRECTV offers what I'm paying for and not getting from Dish they'll be getting my business. Thanks for your advice, though. :rolleyes:

DirecTV may not at this time be still under control with News Corp but there is still a clear reference which is what I was pointing out. But truth is we are letting FOX push us around, Dish is standing up, so I think its time we stand up.

If you want sports you get DIRECTV, if you don't care about sports or how they're presented (like not all of them in HD) and are ok with missing channels from time to time you get DISH. How many players/coaches do you think subscribe to NBA League Pass through DISH? How many sports bars have DISH? DISH is cheap cheap cheap.

If you want sports it's DIRECTV plain and simple, and a lot less posting on SatelliteGuys about missing sports :)

The top handful of most watched programs in television history are sporting events... Dish just giving up on sports is not an option. A lot of you really aren't thinking many of these statements through. Some impartial person goes to pick a provider... I don't know about you, but if one doesn't offer some of my local channels they're the last one I pick, even if I don't watch anything on that channel. They have to work out a deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts