OFFICIAL DISH / FOX ORDEAL DISCUSSION THREAD

If the AG has a contractual relationship or agreement with E*, then it doesn't matter 1 iota what contracts E* has with their subscribers. The AG doesn't have a relationship with E*'s subscribers. So if he feels that the agreement between E* and teh state was not kept, that's where his focus is... and rightly so.

This is probably too simple but, since some subs like sports and some don't and some can get their locals OTA and some can't, why not just remove ESPN's and RSN's and all four national channels (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX) from all provider packages? Price all three groups (ESPN, RSN's, Locals) as an added cost option and go from there. The remaining base packages and these options can be priced so that the provider does not lose $$$. I'll go for the sports groups and I already have OTA reception. Sign me up.

This is probably too simple but, since some subs like sports and some don't and some can get their locals OTA and some can't, why not just remove ESPN's and RSN's and all four national channels (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX) from all provider packages? Price all three groups (ESPN, RSN's, Locals) as an added cost option and go from there. The remaining base packages and these options can be priced so that the provider does not lose $$$. I'll go for the sports groups and I already have OTA reception. Sign me up.

Makes too much sense, therefore it will never be done :p

It takes 2 to tango. Both Dish and the provider would have to agree. It appears that one of the ways Fox wants to make more money is by forcing Dish to include the RSN's in the lowest tier. Even if the provider would go for it, the cost for the packages most probably would be prohibitive. The providers could never make enough money that way.

Like I said. The price would have to insure that the provider did not get hurt $$$$. Most subs would want ESPN even if they are not BIG sports fans. Giving up ESPN would lose you their broadcasts of MLB,NFL,NBA,NHL, NCAA's football, basketball, woman's softball, Men's college baseball world series, golf, tennis, Olympics, Auto racing, horse racing, Little League World Series, boxing and sports related specials etc. RSN's could go up to a $10 premium and so could the national channels.

So Missouri's Attorney General hasn't read Dish Network's Customer Service Agreement?, or can't read?.:confused::rolleyes:

Just because something is in a contract does not make it legal. From the first article it sounds like he is saying this is against state law, what that law is IDK. But if there is one in his state that deals with changes in service and a consumers right to a refund or to cancel, then it overrides what ever is in dish's contract about programing changes.

Why don't you take you opinion and put it where you accuse us of having our head. The complaints my have come to him but he sure hasn't done due diligence to find who actually shut off the feeds. He is just doing this to keep it not reflecting bad on him. He will be able to say he is the working man's friend at election time. Get really tired of your constant saying we are kissing E* A** just because we don't hate it like you do.

How do you know what he has and hasn't done? Just more assumptions to support the propaganda youve chosen to believe, because that's all that's out there to determine ' who shut off the feeds'.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

How do you know what he has and hasn't done? Just more assumptions to support the propaganda youve chosen to believe, because that's all that's out there to determine ' who shut off the feeds'.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

I believe the "propaganda" Because it seems to be that Fox is trying to do the same w/ CableVision as well as E*. Do you have any that says otherwise and is documented.:rant:

$15/year is just for one channel. Give it to one, and all will be asking for it. If 50 channels demand just $0.10 more a month, that is suddenly $60/year on the backs of subscribers.
It covers the local SportsNet channel plus Nat Geo and FX. Compared to ESPN who charges north of $3.65 for national games on only a couple channels, each FSN is investing similar resources in producing games that are specific to each local region they cover.

And, if you really think Dish gets the channels so cheap, why ask for a refund, as it will only be pennies.
I'm saying it doesn't make sense. If they get the channel cheap, then stop screwing around and even if it's a 50% increase the impact of a few cents on the bill is no big deal.

If we're talking big dollars for these channels to where a 50% increase is really significant to the average subscriber, then Dish should be giving credits to people for the channels they're not receiving. If they're playing hardball because they really want to save you money, then they should back up that position by returning some of those "ridiculously expensive" subscriber fees that FOX is supposedly collecting.

I'm a little scared posting this, because maybe it's a mistake. I still watch Penguins Hockey on 428, FoxPT. I notice in my schedule, it and FOXRM are the only ones still on. I wonder why when all the others say "Important News! Press Info!

I'm a little scared posting this, because maybe it's a mistake. I still watch Penguins Hockey on 428, FoxPT. I notice in my schedule, it and FOXRM are the only ones still on. I wonder why when all the others say "Important News! Press Info!
FOX Sports Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, and NorthWest are all owned and operated by DirecTV Sports Networks.

DirecTV Sports Networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So those channels are not part of the dispute despite "FOX" being in the name.

I believe the "propaganda" Because it seems to be that Fox is trying to do the same w/ CableVision as well as E*. Do you have any that says otherwise and is documented.:rant:

The facts aren't there for anyone to really side with one of these factions unless you're a subscriber rooting for your horse in the race. There are no facts, no "documentation", for either side.

For the most part these channels (some of the most popular on TV) are going from free to fee, so playing the percentage game really doesn't fly either (what Dish is doing).

:popcorn
I think we could easily pause this thread until 11/1. That is the day it will become interesting again, when some very large markets lose their local fox affiliate.

I agree wholeheartedly. If Fox pulls the plug some of us will feel the loss but in the end it will be Fox that will be the biggest loser. November is sweeps month and the ratings for Fox could tank. You lose ratings and you lose advertising $$$$. Stay tuned on 11/1. Meanwhile I guess I'll just watch Ghost Adventures and Ghost Lab.

Last edited:
:popcorn

I agree wholeheartedly. If Fox pulls the plug some of us will feel the loss but in the end it will be Fox that will be the biggest loser. November is sweeps month and the ratings for Fox could tank. You lose ratings and you lose advertising $$$$. Stay tuned on 11/1. Meanwhile I guess I'll just watch Ghost Adventures and Ghost Lab.

That is a very good point. The O&O's that drop would feel some hurt then. That, will actually give Fox a reason to work on it. I think all along, they have been stalling. They want one contract to include their cable on OTA offerings.

FOX Sports Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, and NorthWest are all owned and operated by DirecTV Sports Networks.

DirecTV Sports Networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So those channels are not part of the dispute despite "FOX" being in the name.

And the games broadcast on those channels are blacked out for me. Why is this? My service area is St. Louis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)