oh where, oh where is the 942?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Called dish like 3 X's yesterday. (each time fighting to get a credit they owed me) Each time I asked about the 942. The 1st 2 CSR's told me they never heard of it but They were told of a like receiver that will come out and the ned of 05.

I finally got someone in tech support and asked him, wow it does exist! (LOL) he said everyone in his dept was trained on what it does and how to sell it. His roommate works in th sales dept and they are trained as well. No one knows when it will be out.

So this morning I called my friend who is a supe at the Tulsa call center. He told me they have a go date of 3-21-05. It will also be rolled out on the Charlie chat in the middle of march.

Anyone else have anything else? I wanna replace the 811 and 510.

-Chas

In one of the earlier chats they said it would be available in February 2005. Whoops they missed that. Word has been that it was delayed until March. They haven't yet missed that, but it could happen with Dish. Certainly they want it out as soon as they can, but even Dish doesn't want big reliability problems. If something is known to be not yet working properly (my assumptions), they need to hold it back for a fix. They may be trying to avoid some of the problems they saw with the release of the 921. Perhaps they will discuss it on the 3/14 chat. However, they often avoid talking about the issues we most want to know about.

942 is up on Dish's Website. I called Dish, but they said the unit is only available through local retailers as a standalone. No lease option yet. Just curious if anybody has heard a different story?

Is it that same warehouse from Indiana Jones where the government stores the ark of the covenant?

-Allen

akm3 said:
Is it that same warehouse from Indiana Jones where the government stores the ark of the covenant?

-Allen

that must mean that E* has "top men" working on it.

who?

t o p m e n

Dvr-942

My son works at a Radio Shack in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Apparently a very excited DISH rep was just in the store today talking to the employees about the new DVR-942. Pretty much the same think about availability....March/April at best. The most interesting thing (according to my son who is an advanced HDTV newbee) is that the DISH rep was talking about the ability to record in HD off the 942??? Of course, if you look at the pix of the back panel on DISH' website, there is no FIREWIRE connector, so.....

Anyway...he is going to call DISH' retailer hotline and inquire :)

FYI

Scott R.

he probably just meant you can record hd on the 942, I don't think he meant off loading it.

It does have usb 2.0 which they will use to off load recorded shows to the dish handheld device, but it wont be HD

942's started selling today. I have two on the way for home theater system. Will report back after I install them at customers home next week.

942, where?

Just called, E* rep said they have NOT been released yet! OR is it possible that their Reps are the last to know, lol!

Yea right, I just called also and they said they were delayed again.

What is your Source?

Are you sure you just did not do a Pre Pay order for full price and they actualy dont have them in stock yet?

Please let us know the details. Some of us may want to order also from your source if its true.

I was checking the DVR page on the Dish Network site this afternoon for any 942 news. (Like I thought I would find any.) http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/...dvr/index.shtml I noticed the pricing info for the 942 has changed. It now says "Standalone - $699 - For New Customers Only". Previously the page listed the standalone price as $699 and complete system price as $749 with no mention of "For New Customers Only". I hope they haven't changed their mind about selling the 942 to existing customers.

mike_johnson said:
I hope they haven't changed their mind about selling the 942 to existing customers.

Dish change their minds after announcing something, no it can't happen can it :rolleyes:

They acknowledged on the Charlie Chat that the 942 will be in very short supply initially. I think those units will be dedicated to new customers. When the supply increases, I believe they will be available to anyone willing to meet Dish's price.

Anyone can still buy one. The new customers only bit is only for leasing. that's why the link takes you to the DHA page.

Exisiting customers are supossed to get a lease deal in may

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)