Oh Yeah that’s Why I Canceled Voom...

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I canceled Voom back in late April after trying it for two months. I had a lot of equipment and mapping issues; that I could have dealt with, but the incompetent people at Voom I could not. So now its July I still haven't gotten my refund due. Plus they are still billing me? And it took them 3 attempts to pick of the equipment after I canceled. I think Voom is a great idea and after some tweaking (PVR/WM9) and some more programming I think it will take of. But if Voom doesn't get there personal trained and more professional they are doomed. I have had 9 calls where Voom said they would call me be since it is an obvious error. Still waiting? I guess I will call back tomorrow. I gave them a week and half this time.

Good Luck and keep the Forum going!

:mad:

alton987 said:
I canceled Voom back in late April after trying it for two months. I had a lot of equipment and mapping issues; that I could have dealt with, but the incompetent people at Voom I could not. So now its July I still haven't gotten my refund due. Plus they are still billing me? And it took them 3 attempts to pick of the equipment after I canceled. I think Voom is a great idea and after some tweaking (PVR/WM9) and some more programming I think it will take of. But if Voom doesn't get there personal trained and more professional they are doomed. I have had 9 calls where Voom said they would call me be since it is an obvious error. Still waiting? I guess I will call back tomorrow. I gave them a week and half this time.

Good Luck and keep the Forum going!

:mad:
We are in the same boat. I got voom in Jan and canceled in Apr. the equipment wasn't picked up until late May. I also have been billed for Jun and Jul. I called to complain about the charge on my CC and was told it was a mistake but I would not get my refund for those billing for about two months :mad:

When I asked about my full refund, I was told that I should have gotten that already and they would esculate that. As of today, Voom owns me over $900.

I called and canceled no problem. They put a supervisor on the line to try and give me a month free and schedule another appointment but I've already had a month for free and I've had three service calls. I told the lady that I really wanted to like Voom, but it has just been too much of a hassle. I agree that Voom is the #1 provider of HDTV but they have a ways to go as far as the bugs. Maybe I will take another look in a few years. My uninstall is scheduled for July 17th.

For every bad experience there are many more good ones. I had a great install, no problems and am getting VOOM going on 4 months now. Would be worth it just to get the HD channels of Starz, The Movie Channel, Encore, Bravo, Equator & Rush. You can not get 2 HD channels for each premiere service from anyone else. Adds up to 10 HD movie channels daily plus the Cinema 10. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Believe me Tvlman, I greatly wish that I had the experience that you had with it. I am just unable to invest anymore time trying to get the local channels to work. I am a TV/Movie guy, but there are other things I like to do in life besides spend two months trying to troubleshoot local channels. Voom is a great product for HDTV but there are just too many problems associated with it at this time to retain me as a customer.

tscallions said:
I am just unable to invest anymore time trying to get the local channels to work.

Hey, I'ld recommend hiring an antenna guy to come out and get you up and running. Assuming you're having OTA problems, that is. I did and it was pricey ($440 or so), but he did an excellent job! Even if you switch to d* or E*, you will still need OTA for HD locals, so it's worth it to me!

-John

The problem is not the antenna, it is the way voom decided to get the local channels. They mapped the channels specific to your location instead of scanning for them. I was told when I signed up that they were going to switch to scanning, but I have yet to see that happen

Voom has given me credits for these 2 months since my install.. basically I've had Voom for free so far, because they acknowledged there's some wiring/mapping issues and OTA problems I am having, I don't understand what all the complainers are about. I can't DirectTV to wipe out $30 worth of additional receiver billing from my in-laws account for a receiver they've never had.

My folks use DIsh and they have even worse horror stories regarding programming, billing, and service. Voom is brand freaking new, my god oh ye of little faith.

tscallions said:
Sorry, but the fact that I would have to hire someone to complete a install is ludicrous to me.
Maybe so, but it is cheaper than taking multiple days off of work, and waiting for nobody to show!

Plus, all of the installers from Voom were complete idiots when it came to OTA. No signal, they said that was the best they could do.

If any other service had as much HD content, I would switch in a heartbeat, just do to the fact that my install was so f*cked up!

-John

My installer said the same thing when i got NO OTAS "its the best I can do" I've found the service to be very friendly and helpful on Vooms side, but when it gets passed down to locals and Install Inc. It's just botched from there. I wonder if the lazy local installers are making Voom look bad.

TONY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)