Ok, am I just lucky or not a power DVR user?

sampatterson

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Marietta, GA
I installed both my new 921s over a week ago. I haven't run into any of the "bad" bugs I have seen on the forums. They are both on v184 of the software. I am using both 921s with DVI output (one to a plasma, and one to my projector). Every timer has fired, 2 tuners recording while I watch another including OTA works. No weird colors or streaks or darkness to the picture. It found ALL of my Atlanta OTA stations, where the 811 couldn't lock on to 2 of them, and the 6000 couldn't lock onto 3 of them. It has kept all of them correctly and I haven't had to rescan, etc. Only one problem I have had is one recording didn't stop when it was supposed to and recorded a couple extra hours of stuff. I have recorded probably 20-30 shows now, without issue.

Am I just lucky or are we not "power" DVR users like many using the 921? Granted there is no OTA data but we rarely record off network TV anyway (except when Survivor is running) and I will be happy when it is there. I wish the firewire would have been supported. My 921 came with paper that said the user manual is in error when it talks about the DISHwire ports that the hardware is not included with the 921.

Just my 2 cents,

Sam

2 921's? Wow.

The problems with the 921 are less frequent (predictable) now. My 921 works fine most of the time too, but still has its share of problems.

Try this, go to everyone of your OTA channels and try the pause button. I have 2 OTA's that won't record.

I installed both my new 921s over a week ago. I haven't run into any of the "bad" bugs I have seen on the forums. They are both on v184 of the software. I am using both 921s with DVI output (one to a plasma, and one to my projector). Every timer has fired, 2 tuners recording while I watch another including OTA works. No weird colors or streaks or darkness to the picture.

I also received my 921 about a week ago. I also have had not any problems since the setup but there is not digital ota where I live, so I have satellite only.

I did have several problems while trying to get the 921 to recognize my 61.5 dish. I had to repeatedly reboot and disconnect and reconnect cables. Finally it worked, with the exact configuration I had started with. During this time there were also a lot of phantom commands. The receiver would change channels or make selections on its own. I even removed a remote battery to be sure it was not a problem there. It still occured.

Pretty happy for the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)