ok dish is up on roof

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marlon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
but i dont know what to do next the more i read the more confussion i live in new york queens LATITUDE IS 40.69 LONGITUDE 73.80 ACCORDING TO AZ/EL BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WHAT IS MY TRUE SOUTH SATELLITE IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME THAT ... I HAVE A 10 FOOT ANTENNA UP ON THE ROOF I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS GONNA BE SO HARD FINDING CHANNELS SO IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME AND WALK ,ME THRUE THE PROCESS I HAVE A 4400UTS UNIDEN AND I COOL SAT FOR FREE TO AIR SATELLITE SERVO MOTOR AND ALL BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO POINT THE DISH THERES A DISH 3 BLOCKS FROM MY HOUSE SHOULD I FOLLOW THE SAME PATH .......... WELL PLEASE HELP TRYING TO GET CENTRAL AMERICAN TELEVISION

If you're trying for C-band programming the closest sat to your true south with programming is AMC6 at 72 degrees. The NASA mux would be a good one to try for. You're probably better off trying to get analog first though. It's much more forgiving. You can get a real snowy picture first, and then tune it in by making adjustments to your dish. When I set up my dish, I didn't have any C-band programming at my true south either. I used analog signals from several sats at different points in the arc to fine tune the dish. Once I had them all tuned in, the whole arc was set up.

By the way, if it's at all possible I highly recommend taking a TV out next to the dish. It's a major PITA if you have to go inside every time you make a change to see if it helped or hurt. When I set mine up, I'd watch the TV as I was turning the wrench and stop when the picture was the best.

Mike

Last edited:
ok if i just could get the

analog how easy would it be to get free to air latter or is it simple i will try tomorrow morning to set it up i hope i could get something wii keep you post it thank you guys for the help

Analog is easier becuase the picture is snowy...then comes in as you tune the signal (just like aiming an old TV antenna). If you go too far, the signal starts getting fuzzy again

Digital has to be bang on or it won't work...there is no snow.

When I aimed my C-Band dish at G4, I aimed at an analog signal and then tried for digital from there. At least I knew where I was when aiming the analog.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)