This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

OK Erie, PA...

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
are you ready for some HD locals tomorrow?

Of course I was ready when they said "sometime in March".

What are the chances they are going through with it this time?

I'm in the same boat with the Roanoke locals. I hope we're not fooled again.

well, as our former leader once said: "Fool me once, shame on... - shame on you. Fool me — I can't get fooled again. "

Well it looks like 2 markets will get screwed. I cant believe that just yesterday they said that 5 markets will get HD. Now their twitter page says 3 will. Amazing what changes in less that 24 hours. Erie, Roanoke or Batton Rouge. Who will be the lucky one. ERIE I hope. Nothing personal.

Brian

They activated early yesterday evening. You'll have HD for WJET, WSEE and WFXP. SD for WICU, WBEP and WQLN.

Any explanation why three stations were left out of the HD broadcast and do I need to send an email to Dish requesting they be added?

Funny that WQLN wasn't included when they seemed to be the first on OTA to be sending an HD signal in this market.

Well, here's my guess. WBEP is owned by Lilly Broadcasting and operated by WICU and WSEE. It's being broadcast as a digital subchannel of WSEE. Since it's a subchannel it's probably not being transmitted in anything other than SD in the first place and WICU still hasn't got their digital act together yet. In the end, as a CW affiliate, it's probably such a minor part of their operation that HD isn't even a consideration.

As for WQLN, not really sure. WQLN is operating on the brink of extinction right now. Last I knew, the state was planning on pulling its funding of all the PBS stations in PA. If that happens WQLN says they are likely to go under. They are probably dealing with financial issues related to the uplink.

Erie HD's - Eastern Arc

I get the Erie HD's on 129... does anyone know if they are now on the Eastern Arc?