Ok Guys whats this?

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Have been checking out Dish DVD advantage and see a charge for HD for HD enabling.
What is this charge for?
It all maybe a moot point as I have a HD-DVD player and what I read on here the PQ is superior to Dish HD.

There should be no Hd enabeling fee on the DVR ADVANTAGE pack if you have the hd pack anyway. You might have a $6.00 lease fee if you have a leased receiver but no hd enabeling fee. Call back and ask DISH whats up.

Last edited:
Have been checking out Dish DVD advantage and see a charge for HD for HD enabling.
What is this charge for?
It all maybe a moot point as I have a HD-DVD player and what I read on here the PQ is superior to Dish HD.

Which DVR do you have? If you have a 622 and no HD package, they charge a $6 HD-enabling fee.

There should be no Hd enabeling fee on the DVR ADVANTAGE pack if you have the hd pack anyway. You might have a $6.00 lease fee if you have a leased receiver but no hd enabeling fee. Call back and ask DISH whats up.
Used the live chat, that was like pulling teeth, My first message I said I wanted DvdAdvantage 200 with HD, after sending me a couple of message on how great Dish is she asked me how many tv did I have and I told her, she the told me all about their DVD and asked if I would like one and the next question was what programming I wanted and if I didn't get HD I would pay the enabling fee and I told her to read my first message which had all the info in it and what my question was and what would be my monthly fee for DVDAdvantge 200 with HD and my locals after the $20 rebate, she came back with a cost of 69.95 and as I was typing her a message the chat window froze but she came back with a new price of $49.99 for ten months and then $69.95 after that,
Does that sound right?

Used the live chat, that was like pulling teeth, My first message I said I wanted DvdAdvantage 200 with HD, after sending me a couple of message on how great Dish is she asked me how many tv did I have and I told her, she the told me all about their DVD and asked if I would like one and the next question was what programming I wanted and if I didn't get HD I would pay the enabling fee and I told her to read my first message which had all the info in it and what my question was and what would be my monthly fee for DVDAdvantge 200 with HD and my locals after the $20 rebate, she came back with a cost of 69.95 and as I was typing her a message the chat window froze but she came back with a new price of $49.99 for ten months and then $69.95 after that,
Does that sound right?

IF all you want is the dvr advantage pack for the top 200 it is $49.99 if you add hd pack to that it will be 20.00 more or 69.99 a month. IF you are a first time sub then I belive that they will give you $20.00 off for 10 months . Then it goes up to 69.99 since they discount is now eliminated. So that sounds right except 4 cents difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts