Ok. I give up - 922 breaking up my recordings now?

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
So for the last 2 nights, it seems my DVR only wants to record half of my shows - and it wants to do it in 2 parts. For example, tonight I recorded Big Bang Theory. 2 recordings, both of the same show. One is 13 minutes long, the other is 6 minutes long. Did the same thing last night to How I Met Your Mother.

Anyone have any ideas? This is my second 922 (not a record by any means, but tells me it's not a fluke)

Not to beat a dead horse, but I really hope something comes of the Hopper/Joey situation. This 922 hasn't exactly instilled much faith in Dish for me. I understand "crap" happens, but being my first year here - it's not looking so good in the long run. (FYI, I got the 922 because my 722k died, and I like shiny things)

It happened for 3 days in a row, and no signal loss issues (like where the recording warns you part of the program may have been lost)

So far so good. Not sure if it was a fluke (I seem to get lots of those for some reason), otherwise if I can replicate it or show it to someone I may make a service call in the future.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
Let me know. If it continues, we may need to replace this 922.

So it happened again last night. Does anyone know when the hopper is supposed to be released? At this point it's becoming more of a hassle than its worth. Granted, it's free since I've got the plan, but this will be my third 922. And I switched because I was having problems with my 722k (hdd died).

Should I just get another 922 to tide me over, or just live with it until hopper comes out? Also, what are the chances of getting some of my $200 fee for the box back? I'm guessing slim to none. I haven't even had it a year, so I'm one of the unlucky ones that essentially got the rug pulled from under them.

image-1435934620.png

image-3546253901.png

image-3496445305.png

It happened to Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares in case you were wondering

Last edited:
How about talking to someone in DISH retention and see if they can offset some of your pain with the 922 experience. They might be able to give you some $10.00 credits for a year- or $120.00 total . I got that one just for asking , so it doesn't hurt to talk to them.

It actually sounds like he is losing signal. Either OTA or Satellite (not clear since he mentions CBS). The 922 will stop recording when it loses signal and start up again when it is restored. So, I would probably check sat strength if receiving satellite local networks, or my antenna strength if using OTA. Try watching while it is recording to see if there are dropouts. I had a problem once where an amplifier on my OTA system was overheating, shutting off for a couple minutes, cooling down then starting back up. Needless to say it caused major recording problems.

No OTA here. I've got a signal strength of 56 on Sat 129, but I'm not sure if that is good or not. I do know that the weather has been fine both times (no snow or anything) Maybe I'll give them a call and setup a service call just to have someone check the dish alignment for me.

No OTA here. I've got a signal strength of 56 on Sat 129, but I'm not sure if that is good or not. I do know that the weather has been fine both times (no snow or anything) Maybe I'll give them a call and setup a service call just to have someone check the dish alignment for me.

Maybe you have a big bird perching on your LNB when you are trying to record... Any glitchy power? Perhaps an UPS could help too, the 922 will do the same if it loses power during a recording.

I hae had some power issues in the past, but I'm pretty sure I have gotten myself in the clear. I've done everything from running dedicated circuits for HT, and I'm also running things through a Belkin PF60. I decided not to go a dedicated UPS, but that is still an option. Monitoring my lines however says that I'm not fluctuating outside of the normal 8-10v swings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)