Ok I got the HD DVD add on and

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
I dont thank King Kong looks that great some parts look good but not OTA , I am watching Prison break OTA on fox and it looks beter than the HD DVD , I have tried it at 720P and 1080i to see if the picture would look beter on one or the other. Is it just this HD DVD and do others look better ?

Uh is prison break on HD DVD? I don't think so since it's a Fox TV show.

Ramy, I believe the OP was just saying that the quality from the HD-DVD player was not a good as his OTA picture. Which I am assuming is HD.

How about I make it easy, are there HD DVDs that look better than king Kong, becasue I dont think it looks that great.

How about I make it easy, are there HD DVDs that look better than king Kong, becasue I dont think it looks that great.

Batman Begins and Mission Impossible 3 are supposedly really nice looking -- I haven't seen either though.

LOBO ---- how is the sound quality coming out of that add-on. I was considering not buying it cause it didn't have the digital output for a Home Theatre which I think is a HUGE miss. Please advise!!!!!!

LOBO ---- how is the sound quality coming out of that add-on. I was considering not buying it cause it didn't have the digital output for a Home Theatre which I think is a HUGE miss. Please advise!!!!!!

The digital output is coming real soon. I hear a rumor that there will be an announcement on the 22nd of this month.

huh? I get Dolby Digital from my XBox 360 now, and assumed HD DVD's audio would go over my TOSLink cable ....is this not the case?

Good news is that UPS says my drive is coming tomorrow (I preordered at Best Buy to cash in those MickeyD's coupons).

I may swing into a store nearby and pickup MI:III to get another disc to compare....

huh? I get Dolby Digital from my XBox 360 now, and assumed HD DVD's audio would go over my TOSLink cable ....is this not the case?

Good news is that UPS says my drive is coming tomorrow (I preordered at Best Buy to cash in those MickeyD's coupons).

I may swing into a store nearby and pickup MI:III to get another disc to compare....

You will have digital audio over the TOSLink cable but you will not have digital video over component video cables. The HDMI cable for the 360 is supposed to be announced on Nov 22nd from what I hear.

I think it sounds great its just the picture, I think king kong looks great but not the people , like over the air you can see the lines or crows feet in their faces . Is HD DVD ( I guess bit rate ) higher than OTA or is it the same?

I have tried it on a 52 Mitz and my 65 mitz Diamond and have used the Avia home theater dvd disk to setup my Tvs for a few years now .

Founder of Atari forecasts PS3 failure

Install another OS (besides Linux) on PS3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)