Should we ad this Video Game Add On?

Should we purchase and install the Video Game Add On?

• Yes - Get It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I don't want this here

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There is a new video game add on for XenForo which could enhance our Video Game section here at SatelliteGuys.

Before I go out and spend the money on it I want your feedback on it.

You can see a demo at https://snogssite.com/forums/x-box.145/

What does it do?

The TGDB Thread Starter allows you to enter the game ID or the entire link to the game at at TheGamesDB.net into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TGDB Thread Starter will import all of the information for your game into a header for the new thread.

FEATURES :
  • Makes the new thread title the name of the game.
  • Automatically populates a header for the thread with the game box cover and information.
  • Automatically displays the game box cover and information in forum thread list.
  • Checks for duplicate games and changes a new thread to a post in existing thread if found
  • Ability to search Genre, Platform and Title in forum thread list.
  • Information shown in forum thread list is admin selectable.
  • Choose multiple forums as game forums.
  • Limit forums to specific game genres.
  • Limit forums to specific game platforms.
  • Images may be stored locally or obtained from The Games Database.
So please take a moment to check it out and vote. :) The poll will close in 7 days.

Thanks!

There is a new video game add on for XenForo which could enhance our Video Game section here at SatelliteGuys.

Before I go out and spend the money on it I want your feedback on it.

You can see a demo at https://snogssite.com/forums/x-box.145/

What does it do?

The TGDB Thread Starter allows you to enter the game ID or the entire link to the game at at TheGamesDB.net into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TGDB Thread Starter will import all of the information for your game into a header for the new thread.

FEATURES :
  • Makes the new thread title the name of the game.
  • Automatically populates a header for the thread with the game box cover and information.
  • Automatically displays the game box cover and information in forum thread list.
  • Checks for duplicate games and changes a new thread to a post in existing thread if found
  • Ability to search Genre, Platform and Title in forum thread list.
  • Information shown in forum thread list is admin selectable.
  • Choose multiple forums as game forums.
  • Limit forums to specific game genres.
  • Limit forums to specific game platforms.
  • Images may be stored locally or obtained from The Games Database.
So please take a moment to check it out and vote. :) The poll will close in 7 days.

Thanks!

I suppose it depends on how much it would cost you to get this. If it's a trivial amount I don't see how adding it could hurt anything. If it's kind of expensive it's probably not worth the money. The game details are kind of nice but it seems like it's missing some things too. The Battlefield 4 example they have says the game is for Xbox One. It fails to mention that the game is also available on PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Yeah if it's cheap then sure, but if it's expensive don't bother. Either way I don't see it enhancing the thread a great deal.

I suppose it depends on how much it would cost you to get this. If it's a trivial amount I don't see how adding it could hurt anything. If it's kind of expensive it's probably not worth the money. The game details are kind of nice but it seems like it's missing some things too. The Battlefield 4 example they have says the game is for Xbox One. It fails to mention that the game is also available on PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.

That's because it is broken down by platform, the link I posted was just for the XBOX platforms. :)

That's because it is broken down by platform, the link I posted was just for the XBOX platforms. :)

I see. So I just went back to the test website again and went back one more step to where you can see all the separate platforms. To be honest I'd rather not see our video game section divided like that. The vast majority of games we talk about are multiplatform and almost identical no matter which system you are playing on.

To me it makes more sense to keep all the discussion about a multiplatform game like Star Wars Battlefront in one thread than to have separate sections for Xbox, Playstation, and PC gamers. It's really the same game and general discussion about it is relevant to owners of any of those platforms.

The game art and extra information are fine. I'm assuming we don't have to divide by platform and that's just a choice they made. Hopefully that's the case anyways.

Reactions: Zookster
I see. So I just went back to the test website again and went back one more step to where you can see all the separate platforms. To be honest I'd rather not see our video game section divided like that. The vast majority of games we talk about are multiplatform and almost identical no matter which system you are playing on.

To me it makes more sense to keep all the discussion about a multiplatform game like Star Wars Battlefront in one thread than to have separate sections for Xbox, Playstation, and PC gamers. It's really the same game and general discussion about it is relevant to owners of any of those platforms.

The game art and extra information are fine. I'm assuming we don't have to divide by platform and that's just a choice they made. Hopefully that's the case anyways.

Agreed. There really aren't enough active posters in the gaming threads to divide us up anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)