Ok Well..............You guys were right.

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
At first I couldnt believe all these problems.........

Then I stopped using the 522 in single mode, and changed it to dual mode so my family can use the other tuner for the living room tv.

I have to say this thing is the biggest peice of garbage ever.

While they are watching something, and I'm recording something:

1. I try and watch something thats already been recorded and its a joke! so many freakin hickups its not funny! It's like unwatch able....so I guess in single mode the thing works well........but in dual mode and if your trying to use it how your told it can be used, FAGGETTABOUT IT!

522= POS Now how do i get one of those silver 522? is that a 722?

Mine's not so bad either but I'm single so it stays in single mode. Whenever my household becomes dual then we'll see...

Maybe since single mode is the latest major part of their software, the engineers just happen to leave all their test units in single mode (without really paying attention to dual mode) when testing their fixes?

Or maybe the 522 thinks its dual mode is really duel mode and it's just trying to pick a fight with us by making us really mad at it.

I'm always amazed at the comments regarding the 522. I've never experienced issues like that. I constantly watch a recording while I'm recording something else (live TV takes too long to watch). I've never had any "hiccups" that you speak of. It's been smooth sailing.

chaddux said:
I'm always amazed at the comments regarding the 522. I've never experienced issues like that. I constantly watch a recording while I'm recording something else (live TV takes too long to watch). I've never had any "hiccups" that you speak of. It's been smooth sailing.
Is your 522 in single or "duel" mode?

Note that single mode wasn't released for months after the 522 hit the streets.

That means the testers didn't start with it - but it also doesn't mean the testers actually used both sides of the box at the same time.

Mine is in Dual Mode. Ive had it for about a week so far and the only probs I have had to deal with is the playback bug. Very reliable receiver, but have to admit....still trying to get a certain member of my family to quit being disappointed about its not a DirecTivo (I am getting there, though).

I've had mine for a little while and no problems here either. There were some problems at first with not recording and such but it seems to have gotten over that.

Mine stutters and freezes

Mine also has problems with recorded shows or if you rewind and rewatch a show. It will stutterand sometimes the sound stops for a second. It is also in duel mode.
I haven't tried it in single mode. Maybe after reading this tread i will.

It is very annoying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)