Okay, what are these guys thinking.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Turd Wurd

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
This is my first post, although I've read the Dish forum daily over the years. I've seen Dish do many stupid things that effect many good customers and been lucky enough to not be effected too badly in most cases unlike others. Don't they understand that there is a large number of subscribers that have embraced the latest in technology but also beleive in good value? That's why I have been a loyal Dish customer for years. I doubt they actually give a crap about what I have to say, but I felt compelled to email them the following and share it with everyone at the best satellite site on the web:

"I am a long time customer and I'm very upset because I just renewed with Dish for another 24 month commitment one month ago, just to start losing HD programming.

Since I have renewed I have lost:
Palladia HD
ESPNews HD
HD Theater
ABC Family HD
and Disney HD

Just before I renewed and changed packages the web site listed:
DIY
and
BET as part of the HD 120 package but were not included just days before I renewed.

When I switched EPIX1, EPIX2, RETRO and INDIE were included for what later was described as a free preview, although that wasn't the clearly explained.

How can you hold me to a 24 month commitment when you are not held accountable to the programming in the packages you offer?

I have been actively involved in Satellite Guys as a happy Dish customer and have seen a lot of crazy business decisions over the years - admittedly lucky enough to not be effected until now.

If you are not going to restore the programming I originally signed up for, I would like to be released from my 24 month commitment. At this point cable is becoming a better, much less expensive option for all my home entertainment needs. "

Thanks for letting me vent!

If E refuses to let you out of contract file a complaint with the BBB, it appears E settles those complaints promptly

and e mail skyreports your thoughts, it may get posted on their site or far better added to heir daily E mail report. :) ( mine did):)

Last edited:
Toothless hag

If E refuses to let you out of contract file a complaint with the BBB, it appears E settles those complaints promptly

and e mail skyreports your thoughts, it may get posted on their site or far better added to heir daily E mail report. :) ( mine did):)

The BBB is a worthless toothless hag. It can't do a thing, just ask Claude. This guy screwed up in choosing the package. He is just going to have to get a package that has the nets that he wants. He has gone to a really small package and wants a much bigger one. I'm sorry this guy feels gypped but unless he goes to larger package & adds Platinum and HD for Life he isn't going to get those nets in HD. Sorry guy but you just weren't paying attention to what you were getting. Free Preview is just that a free preview which ends after a certain length of time. I doubt that he will get to drop out of his commitment w/o paying a price. I know if I were E* I said tough.

The BBB is a worthless toothless hag. It can't do a thing, just ask Claude. This guy screwed up in choosing the package. He is just going to have to get a package that has the nets that he wants. He has gone to a really small package and wants a much bigger one. I'm sorry this guy feels gypped but unless he goes to larger package & adds Platinum and HD for Life he isn't going to get those nets in HD. Sorry guy but you just weren't paying attention to what you were getting. Free Preview is just that a free preview which ends after a certain length of time. I doubt that he will get to drop out of his commitment w/o paying a price. I know if I were E* I said tough.

When companies drop channels for ANY reason they need to accept responsilbity for at least part of the problemm''

Its called customer satisfaction something that appears gone in todays business climate.

i have never seen BET or DIY listed under the 120 package. ever. i have seen it listed on the free previews though, but never under 120.

the t120 has also never listed epix retro or indie. that was listed under the summer freeview which OP did acknowledge.

my point really is that other then the contract disputes dish had with disney abc espn, he didnt really have anything taken away from the original 120 line up that was up on the site the day he commited.. and he did have the sd versions of those channels.

Tulsa Agent is right

When companies drop channels for ANY reason they need to accept responsilbity for at least part of the problemm''

Its called customer satisfaction something that appears gone in todays business climate.

Bob you are full of it here. They didn't drop from his package except the HD of Disney etc which we all know about. The guy didn't pay attention to what he was doing or understand that he was only going to get some of the stuff as a preview. So no channels that he subbed to were dropped. His lack of customer satisfaction fall squarely in his own hands. I have Absolute so there are certain channels I don't get. I know that and accept that this guy either needs to go to a package that fits his needs better, shut up, or leave w/the penalty. That is all that it boils down too. He didn't understand what he was getting and the only person at fault is the one that said yes. That would be him. It's not like you can't look on line and see what channels come in what package.

Bob you are full of it here. They didn't drop from his package except the HD of Disney etc which we all know about. The guy didn't pay attention to what he was doing or understand that he was only going to get some of the stuff as a preview. So no channels that he subbed to were dropped. His lack of customer satisfaction fall squarely in his own hands. I have Absolute so there are certain channels I don't get. I know that and accept that this guy either needs to go to a package that fits his needs better, shut up, or leave w/the penalty. That is all that it boils down too. He didn't understand what he was getting and the only person at fault is the one that said yes. That would be him. It's not like you can't look on line and see what channels come in what package.
:up:up:up:up:up

well some of the blame must rest with any provider who pushes the free free free and doesnt explain just what those contract strings are.

franly i hate teaser rates and contracts for everything.......

On the contract I just signed when I upgraded to a 612, the pesky part of the terms was in big letters and underlined. Pretty easy to notice even for the attention impaired! :)

You will have no leverage in getting out of your contract based on losing programming. It states in the contract that you signed that Dish has the right to change programming and prices at any time. It's just the way the TV business is.

It seems you misunderstood something or were mislead is some way but you are stuck with what you have. If you want the channels you are talking about just change your package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts