Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
I'm not real worried about this, but since the new channels have come on, I've seen some strange things on my screen.

Even while watching Mpeg2 channels, there will be an occasional pixilation..followed by a screen shift...top left quarter is green, bottom half is black. It's last for maybe a second.

That's followed by a full yellow screen for another second, and then it all goes back to normal.

Anyone else have this?

I'm not real worried about this, but since the new channels have come on, I've seen some strange things on my screen.

Even while watching Mpeg2 channels, there will be an occasional pixilation..followed by a screen shift...top left quarter is green, bottom half is black. It's last for maybe a second.

That's followed by a full yellow screen for another second, and then it all goes back to normal.

Anyone else have this?

I have NOT seen this. My only experience(with two HR20's) is slow changing and grey flickers. Maybe faulty box? Have tried a system reboot from the menu?

Yellow Screen Hell

Well, what do you know, Dish does it again. I converted from Direct to Dish to get the HD DVR. New episode of Lost tonight on HD - ABC channel 10 here in Sac.

Play back my wonderful HD recording and find a full yellow screen with no audio.

Go to the other room (HD receiver only, no DVR) and the same thing, only on Channel 10.

After having to learn a new language (a mix of Indian and English) to get through to the 'support center' I find they are aware of the issue and we'll be getting a credit until it's fixed.

Here's an idea...automatically credit customers when you detect a problem instead of having them flood your call center and flame you for trying to squeak out of providing service.

Just an idea.

Well, what do you know, Dish does it again. I converted from Direct to Dish to get the HD DVR. New episode of Lost tonight on HD - ABC channel 10 here in Sac.

Play back my wonderful HD recording and find a full yellow screen with no audio.

Go to the other room (HD receiver only, no DVR) and the same thing, only on Channel 10.

After having to learn a new language (a mix of Indian and English) to get through to the 'support center' I find they are aware of the issue and we'll be getting a credit until it's fixed.

Here's an idea...automatically credit customers when you detect a problem instead of having them flood your call center and flame you for trying to squeak out of providing service.

Just an idea.

"I converted from Direct to Dish to get the HD DVR."

Are you on the right forum? Dish sub or DirecTv sub? This is the D* side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts