old 3000 receivers

BigJohn2

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Moline, IL
HI all,

Just a quick question. My mom and step dad have a Dish300 and with there locals moving to 110 will there old 3000 receivers still work? Plus will dish upgrade them to Dish500 for free?

I know when I swithced over to the Superdish, Dish told me that my 7100 wouldn't pick up my locals off of 105. So I know I had a old 3000 with my dish500 and it work.

Thanks,

BigJohn2

Yes the 3000 will work, DISH should offer a free upgrade to the 500 seeing they are moving the channels. With the age of the 3000 I would suggest requesting a DIU upgrade to a newer receiver you will probably find the system even more enjoyable with newer equipment.

boba said:
Yes the 3000 will work, DISH should offer a free upgrade to the 500 seeing they are moving the channels. With the age of the 3000 I would suggest requesting a DIU upgrade to a newer receiver you will probably find the system even more enjoyable with newer equipment.

Thanks Boba. That is what I keep telling them about the receivers but they are farmers and don't like to spent to much money.

Later,

BigJohn2

FYI................ Any Lagacy receiver that ends in 000 will not get locals on SuperDish because even with a DP Adapter, it will not see the FSS feed. A legacy that only ends in 00 will be able to see the FSS feed, ie: 2700, 3700, 3900, etc. A straight 1000, 2000, 3000, or 4000, 7100 and 7200 will not see the FSS feed.

Hey, that 3000 system would be an "upgrade" for me, I only have a 1000!!

Since my locals moved, they came out and installed an upgrade, but only the DISH!!! Think I can call and request a new receiver too? Jeez, I've been with them forever.

scrabbler said:
Hey, that 3000 system would be an "upgrade" for me, I only have a 1000!!

Since my locals moved, they came out and installed an upgrade, but only the DISH!!! Think I can call and request a new receiver too? Jeez, I've been with them forever.
Actually the 3000 is older than your 1000 but seeing they forgot to put buttons on your 1000 you are right.:D :D :D

I had a service call today on a 3000. They were "missing channels". According to the CSR, these folks had subscribed to the top 180 and locals for a solid YEAR, yet one thing escaped E*. The fact that they had a dish 300. :eek:

Thats kind of important, no? Man, was I surprised when I saw the dish 300 looking at me. Luckily, for the customer, I had an extra dish 500 (normally, I do not have an extra dish on my truck, unless there has been a storm and physical damage to the dish may be an issue). The CSR gave them a free Dish 500 upgrade, in light of the fact that they have been paying for that which they could not possibly recieve for a year.

Your mileage may vary, but I was told the customer was recieving a $59.99 credit for the upgrade. This customer has been active since 2-19-1998. So far as I know, this is the ONLY Dish 500 upgrade (that I have done), that was FREE to the customer. Everybody else paid, and I kind of thought that is why we don't do many of them.

I installed a dish 500 and a dish pro plus twin (I had one of the uber rare Legacy twins, but, apparently, it doesn't function, so I had to bust out the new hotness). You don't need no stinking adapter for a DPP, just hook that sh!t up, and run a check. The 3000 will see it as a SW64, with no signal on the input.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts