old 3000 series reciever help

mcraul

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 12, 2005
Hi,

If this question has been answered already please give me the link and I"ll be happy to look there thank you.

I have an old 3000 series receiver hooked up to a sw64 switch thats hooked up to a dishpro quad. the receiver is hooked up with a dishpro adapter. When I go ahead and check the switch the receiver only sees 110 odd 110 even and 119 even, no 119 odd. Any reason why it does this and how to trouble shoot? btw i have two other receivers hooked up to the same switch and they have no problems.

Thank you again.

Ok it sounds like you have an old 3000 receiver hooked up to a DP Quad with a DP adaptor. This will show 110 odd 110 even 119 odd 119 even. If you are not getting 119 odd then you either have a bad connection, or bad cable. Check all you connections, and make sure that the cable does not have any pinches, sharp bends, staples thru it, or nicks in it.

thanks for the quick reply!

What i did was disconnected one of the working recievers and connected that line to the 3000 and I got the same result. So it couldnt be line since I get the same thing on two different lines. It has to be something i'm either missing or easy to see that i'm not seeing it :(

mcraul said:
... hooked up to a sw64 switch thats hooked up to a dishpro quad.
There's your problem. No mixing of legacy and DishPro switches and LNBs is allowed. http://ekb.dbstalk.com/217 What LNB is on the second dish (assumed you have one since you have an SW64)?

Option 1: The SW64 can be fed by 2 legacy duals or a legacy Quad on the Dish 500, a dual on the second dish, no adapter needed for any connected receivers.

Option 2: Replace the SW64 with a DP34, keep the adapter. That will give you 4 tuner outputs on the DP34 + 2 unused on the DP Quad, or trade down the DP Quad for a DP Twin.

ok so i have a dishpro quad and i thought the sw64 was pro but maybe not.
So you think that might be it? since the other two recievers work fine and the 3000 is just missing just that one connection.

ok wait i got this wrong i have a dp34 switch
so does that change things or?
(i had to go up to the roof to check it)
so to recap i have a quad pro dish connected to a dp34 switch and i have 3 recievers connected to it both 301's the third is my 3000 series which is connected via a dishpro adapter and only the 110 odd and even and 119 even is showing up when doing a switch check on it. So the 119 odd is missing.

why do you have a DP34 when you have a quad?

The DP34 is only needed for 3 satellite reception...do you have one dish or two?

I have seen this on several service calls. Most of the time it is a bad Dish Pro Adap.....I have also seen where a, memory dump and a hard reset would fix it. A couple of times though it was receiver. I do remember once it was a 3000 and once a 1000, that had to be replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)