Old Customer - Hopper Upgrade

jjones8

Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
Arkansas
I have an old receiver and was hoping to upgrade to the hopper. I use it in the living room and the bedroom.. Even though the bedroom is just down the hall to the living, it won't reach the receiver unless we are standing in the hallway, but the 2nd receivers remote has now stopped working and I'm at the point where I have to switch to dual mode and use my 1st remote to change channels. Been a long time dish customer (at least 20 years from various locations) but the thought of having to pay $100 to $400 to upgrade when new customers get it for free and a brand new ipad doesn't settle well with me and the fact that my bill continues to go up $5 to $10 every few months for the same services. I read on here that a dirt member might be able to work with me on this so I'm all ears

There's a way to backfeed the UHF remote for TV2 over the coax, so you could probably fix that particular issue without upgrading.

If your old receiver is SD, you'll see a world of difference going to any HD receiver. You will also need a new dish antenna. Post 4 more times and then PM one of the DIRT members your phone number, and they can tell you what kind of deal you can get.

I have an old receiver and was hoping to upgrade to the hopper. I use it in the living room and the bedroom.. Even though the bedroom is just down the hall to the living, it won't reach the receiver unless we are standing in the hallway, but the 2nd receivers remote has now stopped working and I'm at the point where I have to switch to dual mode and use my 1st remote to change channels. Been a long time dish customer (at least 20 years from various locations) but the thought of having to pay $100 to $400 to upgrade when new customers get it for free and a brand new ipad doesn't settle well with me and the fact that my bill continues to go up $5 to $10 every few months for the same services. I read on here that a dirt member might be able to work with me on this so I'm all ears
Just find the DIRT members in red and send them a PM. The required 5 posts is supposed to have been eliminated for DIRT. Depending on your existing equipment and SD/HD TV status quite a bit could be done without an upgrade. The cost of an upgrade varies with how DISH perceives you as a customer so definitely PM DIRT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts