Old DVR died - at a crossroad.

I can't thank you all enough. I chatted with DISH to make sure I had a record of everything and they are installing a722 and new dish/LNBs on Monday and hauling off the 522. No one-time charge for the new hardware or installation and no changes to my monthly programming charges. They confirmed the "free" HD would be for life. And they confirmed I would just pay $10/month for early termination. All in all better than I expected. Being forewarned was being forearmed and I suspect I might have been steered to more costly options without your help.

Good for you.

Now how many years before Dish consolidates on Hoppers and ViP211s? You won't have to worry about it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I still wish dish would come out with the wallaby. A non DVr hopper system, just for the simplicity of a steady GUI and OS acrossed the board. Make it harder for CS to screw that up, and customers could upgrade later for a hopper in place of a wallaby, and still use joeys. It would be like the 222/722. Except the moca would be easier to understand and more standard

Actually, Dish asks for the LNB back if you drop service but doesn't make a big deal of it if you don't send it back.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.
you know how to get around that tell them to send a tech to remove it because you are not getting on a ladder.
they will say keep it.

you know how to get around that tell them to send a tech to remove it because you are not getting on a ladder.
they will say keep it.

Actually you don't even have to say anything. Just send them back the reciever. Never have I seen some one get charged, for a LNB, after sending back the reciever. That's all dish really cares about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)