old people and satellite dish

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
old people and electronics amuse me

this guy stoped by today, and i got a little conversation going about satellites

this is what he said

they can track you every move when you have a satellite dish, i had to call [directv] to get two boxes turned off, i told them and they pressed a few keys and they disconnected by themselves

they can trace what you watch on thier to even what your doing

what the guy doesnt understands, a normal satellite system doesnt uplink, its one way, they can only send to your house, you cant send to them

but anyway, that guy was a little paranoid

old people and electronics amuse me

this guy stoped by today, and i got a little conversation going about satellites

this is what he said

they can track you every move when you have a satellite dish, i had to call [directv] to get two boxes turned off, i told them and they pressed a few keys and they disconnected by themselves

they can trace what you watch on thier to even what your doing

what the guy doesnt understands, a normal satellite system doesnt uplink, its one way, they can only send to your house, you cant send to them

but anyway, that guy was a little paranoid
If it is connected to a phone line it is possible......

i know at one time directv or dish used to track your viewing habbits by phone, but as far as the whole being tracked by your every move, is a little extreme

It's not just old people. We had a service call one time to remove the tv antenna from a guys tower. Wanted to leave the tower but remove the antenna. Asked him why and his reply was "They are using it to track me" OOOOHHHHHKKKKAAAYY.

It didn't change his mind (or what ever he was using in leiu of) when we pointed out that he was safe from "them" because he snipped the lead cable.

There's a camera inside every satellite receiver and digital converter manufactured now.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ4iIM8Eljc]YouTube - Cameras in Digital Convert Boxes! BEWARE!!!![/ame]

Satellite and cable companies sell the areas viewing habits. Your name isnt tied to it though. Why else would they give you a $5 discount for hooking it up to the phone line or broadband. I can care less...if they want to watch every show I record and watch go right ahead.

Just pulled a Sansonic apart and guess what I found? No camera, but I think it has been prewired for a future flux capacitor upgrade.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)