old receiver (4000) was working, been out of stream, doesn't work

mitchedo

Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
I had two old receivers of the 4000 vintage. They both were working, got updated with new yellow smart cards, still worked. Several months ago, I got a new 522. I liked it so much I bought a 721. Since all 4 of my outputs on the Legacy Quad LNB, I took the two 4000's down. They've been out of the stream for maybe 3 months. I just got a new antenna with a Legacy twin, installed it, checked switch, and all seems well. I get about 87% signal strenth on both 110 and 119. The "check switch" verifies both satellites. I get the program guide, but most of it's red. The channels that look like I should be able to receive say my smart card is not authorized. I can't view any channels. It's only been up about 15 minutes. How long should it take to reverify my subbed card?

My Dish account shows I'm still paying for the two old receivers. I never cancelled them off my subscription.

Any ideas anyone? I hate to call Dish CS. They never know much of anything.

The authorization stream is a constant stream from 119 (I think), and it can take a little while -- since your receiver's authorization has to show up in that stream... so I'd guess an hour or two, if anything leave them on overnight and they'll hopefully work in the morning :)

Good luck with that!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys...
OoTLink said:
The authorization stream is a constant stream from 119 (I think), and it can take a little while -- since your receiver's authorization has to show up in that stream... so I'd guess an hour or two, if anything leave them on overnight and they'll hopefully work in the morning :)

Good luck with that!
and what he said:)

Call E* and tell them you need a rehit that they have been unpluged for a while. I dont believe they will come back on any other way. They can turn them right back on for you

Tate Satellites said:
Call E* and tell them you need a rehit that they have been unpluged for a while. I dont believe they will come back on any other way. They can turn them right back on for you

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I called E* and they fixed it. If I'd waited, might've it come on by itself? I waited about 45 minutes or so before calling.

Wish Dish could give you hits via their phone menu like DirecTV can. Once the system verifies your phone # with their records, just do the Extension 722 bit and you're hit ASAP. I need them often as I keep sensitive electronic disconnected from the power and the coax when not being used -- sometimes a couple months at a time.

That the way the new smart cards work. If they are out of the stream for more than 14 days they will lose (not loose) authorization and wiil need a rehit. That was done because the old cards if they were out long enough you could watch programing you were no longer paying for.

n0qcu said:
That was done because the old cards if they were out long enough you could watch programing you were no longer paying for.
I wish that would've worked for me. I've got 2 receivers and when I reactivated one that hadn't been in the stream for well over 6months I couldn't watch anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts