Old School Advice?

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
I know this is the best site to get advice and visit here regularly.:up My question is I have a Sony DVD Player/VCR # SLV-D271P that I want to hook up to my Sony 36 inch TV #KD-36FS170.I also have digital cable using the Motorola Box.Is there a way to hook it up so I can still change channels with my cable box and still record a program.I am going to all this hassle for my wife so she can record and watch "Days of Our Lives."I would like to utilize the S Video or component for the dvd player.If it's possible and somebody knows any way this can be done I sure would appreciate any info!.If it was football I would try to figure something out:eureka but "Days" does nothing for me.TIA Overtimeman

I think what your asking is can you say record days of our lives on the vcr, while watching another program on the box. The answer is yes and its simpler then you think.

First the supplies list:

1 2-way splitter (5-100mhz) Make sure it goes down to 5 so you know it allows for reverse.
3 Standard Coax jumpers (possibly 4)
and if you want RCA or svideo cables

Ok Step one.

From the wall connect one jumper to the input of the 2 way splitter.

Step 2:

Connect one output of the 2 way into the INPUT of the motorala box, and 1 output of the 2way splitter to the INPUT of the vcr/dvd combo.

Step 3:

From the motorla box go into your TV, use either RCA, Svideo, Coax (doesnt matter just connect the box to the TV)

Connect the VCR/DVD combo to the TV using RCA, Svideo, Coax etc, (does not matter just use a different input then the motorola box)

Step 4: Now your TV should have 2 differnt inputs say "Input 1 = Motorola box Input 2 = DVD/VCR combo.

Now when you want to record program, simply, turn your TV to input2, tune the vcr to the program you want to record hit record. Then to watch the box go to input1 and watch the box. Your program on the input 2 will still record while you watch the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts