Old Voom satellite on Ebay

knightwolf61

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Houston, Texas
I saw an old Voom 18" dish on ebay for 1 cent ($20 shipping)....It doesnt come with a LNB.,..Would it be possible to hook it up with a duel or twin Lnb to get 61.5 on my system? Is it worth the trouble if its possible at all?

Yes, if you tape it on like me :D

The dish lnbs have a "D" shaped end and don't screw on the arm properly, so you have to either tape it on, or buy an I adaper and melt/saw off the size of the I adapter off the arm to compensate for the extra length of the arm with it on.

It's not that hard.

No authorization needed to lock the satellite.

But you'll still need an LNB and a switch.

Why are you thinking of buying this dish?

Are you gonna buy the receiver too?

Because it would probably be easier to go with a dish lease upgrade and install from them...

I have an 811 HD...I already have 4 total leased receivers and they wont give me any more. I only need the one HD for now to go on my big screen Tv...Doesnt the 61.5 have some high def channels on it that the 110 and 119 dont get? And i heard there are some voom channels as well on 61.5

When they installed the dish 500 they asked me if i wanted the second satellite. I asked what channels it would get and they told me that it was only for getting some spanish channels so i told them not to put up the second dish...I mighta screwed up...lol

In order to get the voom channels on 61.5 you'd have to upgrade/replace your 811 with a 211, they should let you do that.

If you would've had 61.5 before February 1st, you could've add the old $5 voom pack, but that's no longer available...

knightwolf61 said:
.....I'll wait till the mpeg-4 i guess...........

That is why you need a 211, all the new HD channels are mpeg-4. E* is no longer activating meg-2 HD receivers for anybody who does not already have a HD pack active on their account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts