Old XBox to HDMI

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I have an older XBox 360 (no HDMI) and the HDDVD add-on that I have been using with component cables. I've had an older HD TV set with no HDMI, so it has worked just fine under those circumstances. But I've just purchased a new 1080P TV and would like to be able to play my games in 1080P and also watch HDDVD movies in 1080P. Is there anything I can do to my current 360 to make this happen??

I know this may not seem like the optimum thing to do but, have you run the component into the Denon and let it up convert the signal. I'd bet you would be hard pressed to see the actual difference between 1080i up converted to 1080p and an actual 1080p signal passed through.

I know this may not seem like the optimum thing to do but, have you run the component into the Denon and let it up convert the signal. I'd bet you would be hard pressed to see the actual difference between 1080i up converted to 1080p and an actual 1080p signal passed through.

I would say your correct when it comes to the games, but I wasn't sure on the movies with the HDDVD player. You think that would be the case on the movies as well?

Again, No need for HDMI when VGA gives the same resolution

The only thing is Kevin, you have to make sure what resolution your TV accepts through VGA connection. I recently upgraded to a panny plasma and it only accepts 1080p through HDMI. The VGA connection has a maximum input of 1280 x 1024. I went and bought a VGA cable for my 360 as it is rated for 1080p but ended up returning after connecting it and seeing the results. Of course, if I had read the TV manual more thoroughly I wouldn't have bothered in the first place.

Try this, connect using component to the TV and also try through the Denon. Set the output of the HDDVD player to 1080p and see what happens. I know you can ouput 1080p through component with the 360.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts