Older DISH PVR508 - what do I need?

Byron56

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
When I first signed up with DISH several years ago I had 2 PVR508 receivers. I then upgraded one to a 721 receiver. I now want to look into using the 508 I am not currently using in my barn. The barn is too far away to run a cable from the existing dishes (2 - one for 110 and 119 - one for locals on 61.5 )

Questions:

What dish do I need to buy to hook it up and what LNB?

Will I need a new Smart Card (I know they were upgraded in the last year sometime) , where will I get it, and rough cost?

I assume I hook everything up - point the dish - and then call DISH to have it added to my account - am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

bobandgeri said:
What dish do I need to buy to hook it up and what LNB?
Dish500 & any LNB will work (Legacy Twin, DishPro Twin). Other than Providence, RI there are no locals on 61.5 (they're all on 110/119)

Will I need a new Smart Card (I know they were upgraded in the last year sometime) , where will I get it, and rough cost?
if it was on your account at one time, I think they just send you the new one

I assume I hook everything up - point the dish - and then call DISH to have it added to my account - am I missing anything?
thats right. Even with the old card you'll get 101 with no issues

Thanks Iceberg

I just double checked the 508 I have hooked up and it has a signal from 3 satellites - 11, 119, and 61.5. They installed the 2nd dish for me when they added WMUR - Channel 9 out of Manchester NH.

all of the locals on 61.5 (except Providence) were moved to 110/119 a couple months ago for Dish to comply with the FCC "One dish" rule

WMUR and NHPTV are on 110 now..if you have Boston locals (sounds like you do) all locals except for WSBK are on 110 now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)