Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
This info use to be here somewhere ...
I just got a new (supposed new, recycled we know) HR24, but it didn't come with a remote ...
I have a RC65rbx remote that I have sitting around ...
I know the old white remotes will work the HR24, as the old one was working it.

What is the procedure to make these two work together ....

Jimbo IR or RF mode?

For RF mode go into Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Remote Control, IR/RF Setup, choose which one you want, and follow instructions.

For RF mode you press MUTE and SELECT together until the indicator at the top blinks twice. Thereafter, type ‘961’ and Channel UP. Then, type the last six digits of the Receiver ID of the HR24 and press ‘SELECT’. You are in RF mode. Press ‘SELECT’ on RF SUCCESSFUL.

For IR mode press MUTE and SELECT together until the indicator at the top blinks twice. Type ‘961’ and then CHANNEL DOWN. Press ‘SELECT’ and be sure the HR24 reacts.

Jimbo IR or RF mode?

For RF mode go into Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Remote Control, IR/RF Setup, choose which one you want, and follow instructions.

For RF mode you press MUTE and SELECT together until the indicator at the top blinks twice. Thereafter, type ‘961’ and Channel UP. Then, type the last six digits of the Receiver ID of the HR24 and press ‘SELECT’. You are in RF mode. Press ‘SELECT’ on RF SUCCESSFUL.

For IR mode press MUTE and SELECT together until the indicator at the top blinks twice. Type ‘961’ and then CHANNEL DOWN. Press ‘SELECT’ and be sure the HR24 reacts.
Thanks for the info, I did get it figured out last night.
961 is suppose to work, but I found it was not ... problem I found was that the remote was already in RF mode, I eventually got it back to IR mode, then I could program it the normal way and then go back to RF ....
Apparently, you can't do this without being in IR mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)