Olevia 242 T11 codes

dmaynard

Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
waterloo, ia
I just switched to Dish but I cannot find the codes to operate my volume. I have called Dish Network directly and also Olevia and they couldn't figure out the codes. They suggested some LG codes, but I can't seem to find any that work. I have also tried holding the TV button down and then pressing # and the code that flashes is 652, but that doesn't seem to work either. Please help!:)

I just switched to Dish but I cannot find the codes to operate my volume. I have called Dish Network directly and also Olevia and they couldn't figure out the codes. They suggested some LG codes, but I can't seem to find any that work. I have also tried holding the TV button down and then pressing # and the code that flashes is 652, but that doesn't seem to work either. Please help!:)

You need to get a 21.0 remote. I'm guessing you're trying to use a 5.3 or 6.3 remote. The 21.0 comes with codes loaded for Olevia. 578 is the code for your TV with the 21.0 or 20.0 remote. That won't work with the other remotes. For all the info you'll ever need (and more!;)) on these newer remotes look at the top of the page-21.0 learning remote instructions. I've seen 'em on ebay for $19.99 shipped, brand new, buy it now.

Ed

Btw, one of my HDTVs is an Olevia 242T...............

Damn, I don't see the thread on the 21.0 remote at the top of the page anymore. You didn't say what receiver you have but the 21.0 will work with any Dish receiver released in the last few years. If you have one that came with a 21.0 or 20.0 remote 578 will work. If not you'll have to get one to avoid the "2 remote" PITA. You can do a search here for 21.0 remote if need be. Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
I do have the DVR receiver

And I have the 5.3 remote, so what you are suggesting is that I try a 20.0 remote to try and avoid the "2 remote club"?

The 21.0 is UHF only so it won't operate IR DISH models you need the 20.0 for IR dish operation.
Not so! There is a uhf/ir switch in the battery compartment. I'm using one for IR.

And I have the 5.3 remote, so what you are suggesting is that I try a 20.0 remote to try and avoid the "2 remote club"?

If you just need the remote to operate in the same room as the receiver/TV the 20.0 will be fine. It is IR ONLY.

Or, like KAB said you can make the 21.0 work IR. I've seen both 20.0 & 21.0 together on ebay for something like $25. We still don't know what receiver you have.:confused: If it's a 622 or 722 (Dual Tuner) you might want to go ahead and get both.

I suppose that if you are a new customer and wanna try you could call and tell 'em the remote you were supplied with won't control your TV. Maybe they might send you one for free. Of course they'll tell you a 20.0 or 21.0 won't work with your receiver which is WRONG............:rant::rolleyes:

Good luck!

Yer welcome.........

Ed

Nope, I thought maybe there was a switch on the inside of the 5.3 remote. So looking over the previous posts I would need either the 21 or 20 remote and I should be able to call DISH and maybe, just maybe get a replacement?

k so its been forever since I tried a code, but you just hold the TV button, then when all the lights "light" up press 578* right? then try the volume control? I did purchase the 21 IR/UHF remote and it doesnt work. Am I doing it wrong?

Never mind. I finally got it, oh the simple things in life like an all in one remote!

Thank you for everything guys!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)